HS720E wi-fi

Nearlypastit

Reaction score
I’m totally new to this. My wife has bought me the Holy Stone HS720E for Christmas, she thinks it will give me something to do in my old age (81). I’ve managed to fly from my back garden fairly successfully, one or two hiccups along the way but when I’ve tried going out and about a bit more, several times I get “unable to connect to Holy Stone wi-fi”. Would this be due to the area I’m in (I live on the south coast of U.K.)? I read somewhere that someone suggested that the phone should be on airplane setting. I have a Samsung S8+.
Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks.

I’m totally new to this. My wife has bought me the Holy Stone HS720E for Christmas, she thinks it will give me something to do in my old age (81). I’ve managed to fly from my back garden fairly successfully, one or two hiccups along the way but when I’ve tried going out and about a bit more, several times I get “unable to connect to Holy Stone wi-fi”. Would this be due to the area I’m in (I live on the south coast of U.K.)? I read somewhere that someone suggested that the phone should be on airplane setting. I have a Samsung S8+.
Thanks.
You can scrap the above, I’m returning the drone and buying a DJI Malik Air 2 Fly More. Hopefully I’ll have more luck with this one.

Reactions: MNNJR69
Thanks.
I just bought it and loving it. Make sure your wifi on your phone is on. Mine connect by it self. Also do calibration before you fly. Hope fully that works out.

If I'm close to a "known" wireless network (one my phone's been told it can auto-connect to) - for example outside in my front yard & close to the house - the stronger signal from my house causes my phone to switch from HolyStone WiFi to my home WiFi.

I also watched somewhere on YouTube, that it is best if you turn your phone on airplane mode and that what I am doing, So, you don't get distract with other network but HolyStone. And that works for me.

Reactions: jdw3rd
On occasion I'll get "unable to connect" to the HolyStone WiFi on my iPhone. When it happens I turn the drone and controller off and POWER DOWN my iPhone. I turn my iPhone back on and then the drone & controller which usually fixes the connect issue

Reactions: Midnite_tm
Hi all,

I have a brand new Holystone HS720e. Download the Ophelia go app to my 2016 Samsung and a newer Chinese off brand back up phone. Neither of them see the drone when it is powered up, though my wifes I pad see the drone and connects.

Are my two android phones to old? Any help is appreciated before I go and buy another phone.

Thanks, TJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redelheit