Cannot find or add WiFi w/ ophilia go.

fadrius

Reaction score
I have a Holy Stone HS720E. Upon setup I am not finding, nor can I add The WiFi to it. It calibrates fine and fires up after, But I need to be able to fly it visually (at least initially) I've watched and read everything on setup and wonder if anyone else has run into this and what they did to correct it? Also, are there any other better apps available than ophilia go that will work with it?

Reactions: TJay
Hi fadrius , 2 things ,either your phone does not work on 5Ghz band ( wi-fi band used by the drone ), or the drone wi-fi is defective( less probable ).
As soon as your drone is ON it starts to transmit the wi-fi signal 5Ghz , it does not use the 2.5Ghz because it may interfere with the 2.5Ghz band of the remote ...see spec of the manual .

So your phone must have the 5Ghz band available...

Hope it helps

Charles

Reactions: TJay
There is a third option. I had the same problem with a HS510. For me, turning off the cell network on my phone fixed it. Bit of a PIA but after that no probs.

I have a Holy Stone HS720E. Upon setup I am not finding, nor can I add The WiFi to it. It calibrates fine and fires up after, But I need to be able to fly it visually (at least initially) I've watched and read everything on setup and wonder if anyone else has run into this and what they did to correct it? Also, are there any other better apps available than ophilia go that will work with it?
Had the same issue with my HS720E. Neither my Samsung phone or our cheaper Qnet backup phone could see the drones Wi-Fi, though my wife's 1 year old I-pad saw it right away.

We took the drone to the local mall and it's plethora of phone stores and looked at phones. Samsung did not have the one we wanted in stock (2021 model) and a few others could not see the Wi-Fi from the drone. Long story short, we bought an OPPO phone (we're in the Philippines) and prior to purchase its Wi-Fi saw and connected to the drone right away.

Our old phones are 3g. The I-pad and the new OPPO phone are 4g / 5g capable. Problem solved.

There is a third option. I had the same problem with a HS510. For me, turning off the cell network on my phone fixed it. Bit of a PIA but after that no probs.
Well it would have been nice to have that info on the 5G aspect front and center before I bought it, waited for calm weather, waited for no rain (We live on the Appalachian Plateau 2700 feet up where it's windy as all get out in the winter) only to discover it was 5G and my cell only does 2/3/ and 4G. That would be the problem. It would have been great if it was more than a footnote in the specs. Especially since it will be 2022 until it's available at any level here. I now have 2 drones, or paperweights as I call them. The Kaptur I have was really cheap, but the Holy stone was a bundle from amazon and anyone who has tried returning anything to them knows what a nightmare it is, So I'm saddled with a 720 e w/ 3 batteries. Just my luck. Thanks for the info guys. I live on a fixed income so I give up...

@fadrius The 5G referred to here is not 5G cellular but 5.8Ghz wifi. The drone uses the 2.4Ghz frequency for flight control and the 5.8Ghz frequency for video transmission. Almost all current devices support both.

Okay. Being a retired Motorola Technician I saw the frequency and assumed 5G. (And being this far out of the loop these days when it comes to Tech) it helps that in one aspect all is not lost, but my LG Rebel 4 cell doesn't see the holy stone WiFi signal, nor can I find a way to make it see it and I simply can't fly it line of sight. Thank you for the clarification at least.

I wish I could offer some help but it does seem to be completely hit or miss as to whether some phones work with Holy Stone drones from what I have seen on the net. It seems that iPhones are the only ones mentioned that consistently work. Even with that, the video range on my 720E with my 6S is pathetic.

I wish I could offer some help but it does seem to be completely hit or miss as to whether some phones work with Holy Stone drones from what I have seen on the net. It seems that iPhones are the only ones mentioned that consistently work. Even with that, the video range on my 720E with my 6S is pathetic.
You've been a bigger help than you know. At least I have hope, albeit small. I'd hate to add to my museum. (My FIL gave it a name for all the money I spent on those I cannot use/return)

I hate to be repetitive but if your having trouble with FPV, turn off your cellular data !!!! With my phone in normal operation it WILL NOT connect to my Holy Stone Drone (HS510). But as soon as I go to Settings - Network&Internet - mobile network, and turn off "Mobile Data" the Holy Stone drone network shows up immediately under "wifi connections". If your having trouble connecting to the drone, try this & report back. Again, I could NOT connect to the drone as long as "Mobile Data" was on. Hard to believe I'm the only one who could fix this problem this way!

You may be. Doesn't work in my case. still can't see the wifi, but thanks for the effort. glad it worked for you

You may be. Doesn't work in my case. still can't see the wifi, but thanks for the effort. glad it worked for you
Have you tried turning on your phone's wifi first so it searches for networks and then turning on the drone after the phone is searching? I've seen some people report that that has worked for them

I had the same problem when I bought the HS720E in November, after three weeks I returned it to Amazon and bought a Mavic Air 2, never regretted it, far greater range.
nice. I simply can't justify a thousand bux on a hobby. Beyond CBG building supplies and tools. I'd rather spend it on something that turns a profit.

nice. I simply can't justify a thousand bux on a hobby. Beyond CBG building supplies and tools. I'd rather spend it on something that turns a profit.
Well, I figured it out and got the thing flying for about 10 minutes till it crashed. Broke the rear left arm at the pivot point. went online to order a replacement and my luck stepped in. the part is
"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. " The only effing arm that they don't have at all. I gotta say this pisses me off a little. Now, I have an aluminum bat... What to do, What to do...

Well, I contacted Holy Stone via email, Explained the situation in full and after a short correspondence and some pictures of it they asked for my mailing address and phone number.

They're sending me a package. Fingers crossed it's the arm I need. Stay tuned...

Well, I figured it out and got the thing flying for about 10 minutes

What was the issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redelheit