New FIMI X8 Pro drone!

Skydreamer

Reaction score
Got my fimi x8 pro two weeks ago,did bunch of tests,still trying to figure out all ins nad outs but i can tell right now that fimi x8pro is really good drone,highly recommend….x8 pro is rain snow proof,comes with megafone/release module,from a test i did megafone uses a lot of RC battery,range can be compared to dji mini 3pro(very good),it is rated level 8 wind resistance and i tested it in 38-40 mph wind and all i can say is fighting wind to get your drone back is not fun……here is short video of fimi x8 pro rain test…now that was fun 😁

Reactions: AK63
Very cool video, I actually saw this on Youtube when I was researching the fimi x8 pro. (gave you a like and subscribed) ;)

So please keep us posted as I know your going to find all kinds of interesting functions on your new X8 Pro.
Lucky Dog!!!

Have you tired the way points missions yet?
I have only seen like 1 video on the X8 SE V2 2022 [Marcus Crawford YT].

its really good drone,its just that fimi got screwed over by camera suplier(camera qulity issues)and instead in march just recently started selling x8pro,looks like the whole schedule was moved,battery plus,4g module,they dont even make them at this point(per fimi representative),all they do now is shipping drones to people that orderd x8pro 3-4 months ago,leftover is sold on fimi.com,thats why every 10 days there is “sold out”message on their website….megafon works great,i flew over my favorite park and loop played “snitches get stiches” just for fun 🤩 (my wife was furious)….what i really like is expo dial on rc,you can adjust expo as you fly,when landing camera turns down and looks for landing pad,unfortunately i didnt try waypoints yet,we had lots of rainy days so i used every chance possible to fly my x8pro(even used clear plastic bag to cover my rc and ipad from rain 😁)…just got rain-snow proof rc bag from ebay so i am hoping for some rain tonight

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpeg
    IMG_0201.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0004.png
    IMG_0004.png
    4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0012.png
    IMG_0012.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0011.png
    IMG_0011.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 14
  • photo-output.jpeg
    photo-output.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: AK63
its really good drone,its just that fimi got screwed over by camera suplier(camera qulity issues)and instead in march just recently started selling x8pro,looks like the whole schedule was moved,battery plus,4g module,they dont even make them at this point(per fimi representative),all they do now is shipping drones to people that orderd x8pro 3-4 months ago,leftover is sold on fimi.com,thats why every 10 days there is “sold out”message on their website….megafon works great,i flew over my favorite park and loop played “snitches get stiches” just for fun 🤩 (my wife was furious)….what i really like is expo dial on rc,you can adjust expo as you fly,when landing camera turns down and looks for landing pad,unfortunately i didnt try waypoints yet,we had lots of rainy days so i used every chance possible to fly my x8pro(even used clear plastic bag to cover my rc and ipad from rain 😁)…just got rain-snow proof rc bag from ebay so i am hoping for some rain tonight
I am on day 3 with my new X8 Pro and yes it is very impressive so far, yes no 4g, but is ok nice long connection with Roklink. I am really enjoying this one and we also have very windy last few days. I will get some pics and a video so. The camera issues have all been worked out I;d say very beautiful even with no filters, I am surprised it looks so good, even when zoomed a bit sharp and clear. I also went and got the TX10a remote, really nice bright sharp screen, worth the money for sure.

***AMERICANS! DO NOT BUY A FIMI X8 PRO DIRECT FROM FIMI, CHINA OR ANY FOREIGN WEBSITE*****

I purchased two FIMI X8 PRO drones from FIMI TECHNOLOGY directly and they were both defective upon taking it out of the box, leaving me at a loss of $1300.00 US Dollars. Even with the standard controller, the transmission and the FPV display is terrible. It is extremely pixelated, jello_like, and the image is skipping. The image is also the same when recorded on the SD card. Even worst when you pair it with a TX10A Controller. There is nothing but jello_like images on the screen and the camera seems to be overfilled with EV discrepancies. PLAINLY STATED, THE CAMERA IS NO GOOD. It is 100 TIMES WORST THAT THE FIMI X8 SE 2022 V2. There is a bad batch of drones that FIMI has manufactured and are still selling it to consumers as if it was fully functional. The scam is that when a consumer from another country purchases direct from FIMI and has product issues, FIMI will require them to conduct several tests or pay $450.00 US currency to return the $600.00 drone. All at your expense. This is the reason why they have not yet started selling the defective product on Amazon. Fimi Technology will request the Blackbox information and then claim to not find any issues, thereby leaving the customer at a loss for their finances. The poor performance of the product may also be the reason why there aren't much reviews of this particular item on the internet nor YouTube. THEY RECENTLY REACHED OUT TO A YOUTUBER NAMED ALIEN DRONES seeking a review FOR THE X8 PRO. HOWEVER IT does not hide the dishonesty. I called China directly several times from the USA and spoke with a representative named Amy and she had more of a NASTY attitude. I AM CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF COMMUNICATING WITH The US department of consumer Affairs and also Amazon so that this Defective product does not make it to the United states.

Date of experience: December 29, 2023

I have been flying almost every day I can. This drone is a beast I fly gale force winds with no problem and the video is sharp and stable you can't even tell it is windy. I live right out side Chicago (west 11 miles) and we get some nasty weather, it been below 0 for the past few day, -14 F with wind chill. I just got a new Samsung 8 inch Galaxy tab and I want to try out the remote with an 8 inch tablet. Yes I flew it today and it was so cold I could not get it to record. The screen would not read my finger so I just brought it do,lmao and let it land. That auto landing is one of the best I have seen. I love watching it snap down the camera and lock on to my landing pad. It always lands right in the center. I always leave obstacle avoidance on as well I have three trees it lands between. I don't get good range as I live in heavy residential suburbs, lots of interference. I want to take it out so I can check out the range. I got some really good fog video the other day I will post here. I have many many videos so many I stop shooting just every day flights now I have been getting into way points, very cool and I want to try the time lapse features, have you tried them yet?

I have been flying almost every day I can. This drone is a beast I fly gale force winds with no problem and the video is sharp and stable you can't even tell it is windy. I live right out side Chicago (west 11 miles) and we get some nasty weather, it been below 0 for the past few day, -14 F with wind chill. I just got a new Samsung 8 inch Galaxy tab and I want to try out the remote with an 8 inch tablet. Yes I flew it today and it was so cold I could not get it to record. The screen would not read my finger so I just brought it do,lmao and let it land. That auto landing is one of the best I have seen. I love watching it snap down the camera and lock on to my landing pad. It always lands right in the center. I always leave obstacle avoidance on as well I have three trees it lands between. I don't get good range as I live in heavy residential suburbs, lots of interference. I want to take it out so I can check out the range. I got some really good fog video the other day I will post here. I have many many videos so many I stop shooting just every day flights now I have been getting into way points, very cool and I want to try the time lapse features, have you tried them yet?
So I carefully read you reply and it did not explain why they are selling bad products to Americans, keeping their money and leaving us at a loss with a lemon. All of your experiences came from flying and not from bad spending or being ripped off. Please truly read and understand the nature of my post as it addresses being scammed. Read it again.

***AMERICANS! DO NOT BUY A FIMI X8 PRO DIRECT FROM FIMI, CHINA OR ANY FOREIGN WEBSITE*****

I purchased two FIMI X8 PRO drones from FIMI TECHNOLOGY directly and they were both defective upon taking it out of the box, leaving me at a loss of $1300.00 US Dollars. Even with the standard controller, the transmission and the FPV display is terrible. It is extremely pixelated, jello_like, and the image is skipping. The image is also the same when recorded on the SD card. Even worst when you pair it with a TX10A Controller. There is nothing but jello_like images on the screen and the camera seems to be overfilled with EV discrepancies. PLAINLY STATED, THE CAMERA IS NO GOOD. It is 100 TIMES WORST THAT THE FIMI X8 SE 2022 V2. There is a bad batch of drones that FIMI has manufactured and are still selling it to consumers as if it was fully functional. The scam is that when a consumer from another country purchases direct from FIMI and has product issues, FIMI will require them to conduct several tests or pay $450.00 US currency to return the $600.00 drone. All at your expense. This is the reason why they have not yet started selling the defective product on Amazon. Fimi Technology will request the Blackbox information and then claim to not find any issues, thereby leaving the customer at a loss for their finances. The poor performance of the product may also be the reason why there aren't much reviews of this particular item on the internet nor YouTube. THEY RECENTLY REACHED OUT TO A YOUTUBER NAMED ALIEN DRONES seeking a review FOR THE X8 PRO. HOWEVER IT does not hide the dishonesty. I called China directly several times from the USA and spoke with a representative named Amy and she had more of a NASTY attitude. I AM CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF COMMUNICATING WITH The US department of consumer Affairs and also Amazon so that this Defective product does not make it to the United states.

Date of experience: December 29

So I carefully read you reply and it did not explain why they are selling bad products to Americ

Last edited:
My friend, again you responded without compression. Your experience and use of PayPal was for the purchase of your drone and not the involvement of a dispute. Luckily you have not encountered an issue with your product received. Thus your reply to my thread was unnecessary as it would have only applied to you if you needed to return a defective product to China. So in this case my message should have been accepted by you for awareness and nothing else. So unless you had an issue with your purchases and attempted to return an item I don't think your responses are relevant nor needed. However this is an open platform and you are free to respond respectfully. Thank you and have a great day.

Yes I will sell them to you. One has the standard controller and the other has a TX10A. Now this is relevant conversation.
I have both them myself and fly almost every day. Would you sell me just one drone? If yes how much would you like? Can I see a pic of them? They are brand new flown only one time?

I have both them myself and fly almost every day. Would you sell me just one drone? If yes how much would you like? Can I see a pic of them? They are brand new flown only one time?
Are you considering the one with the standard controller or the one with the TX10A?

I have to chime in here, as it seems there are not many others out there talking about the X8 Pro. I just received mine yesterday, ordered from Fimi UAV Store in China. I used my AMEX card for the protection in the event something went wrong. It shipped free and came within days via UPS Express, no sales tax either, nice.

It's awesome to hear the experiences of the first posters in this thread. I was hoping for the same. Unfortunately I got off to a rough start. Drone would not connect to my phone. Controller would connect, gimbal moved and motors would start, but no app/FPV connection on phone. I sorted that out, a long story and lots of trial and error, but it is an issue with the newest Samsung Android phones, and I did figure out a solid fix.

Then I went to hover it indoors today in anticipation of flying it outside tomorrow. 12 satellites acquired, takeoff approved. It gets up and hovers fine, but the right stick seems ineffective, no forward, right, or left control. Camera works, all app features seem to work, etc. I wonder if this is just because I'm testing indoors, or did I get a dud also?

BMW Droner- what is the date code on your bad X8 Pro drone? Mine is 10/23. Can you elaborate further regarding your issues with the drone? You bought directly from the Fimi official store? Or another reseller? And if I get mine working correctly, I may be interested in your TX 10A if you would consider selling just the controller.

Worst case scenario, I can call AMEX and promptly get my money back, no questions asked. The merchant never wins against an AMEX chargeback...

I have to chime in here, as it seems there are not many others out there talking about the X8 Pro. I just received mine yesterday, ordered from Fimi UAV Store in China. I used my AMEX card for the protection in the event something went wrong. It shipped free and came within days via UPS Express, no sales tax either, nice.

It's awesome to hear the experiences of the first posters in this thread. I was hoping for the same. Unfortunately I got off to a rough start. Drone would not connect to my phone. Controller would connect, gimbal moved and motors would start, but no app/FPV connection on phone. I sorted that out, a long story and lots of trial and error, but it is an issue with the newest Samsung Android phones, and I did figure out a solid fix.

Then I went to hover it indoors today in anticipation of flying it outside tomorrow. 12 satellites acquired, takeoff approved. It gets up and hovers fine, but the right stick seems ineffective, no forward, right, or left control. Camera works, all app features seem to work, etc. I wonder if this is just because I'm testing indoors, or did I get a dud also?

BMW Droner- what is the date code on your bad X8 Pro drone? Mine is 10/23. Can you elaborate further regarding your issues with the drone? You bought directly from the Fimi official store? Or another reseller? And if I get mine working correctly, I may be interested in your TX 10A if you would consider selling just the controller.

Worst case scenario, I can call AMEX and promptly get my money back, no questions asked. The merchant never wins against an AMEX chargeback...
Thank you so much for understanding my thread and responding accordingly. Maybe I too need to get an American ExpressI am going to check on it right now for you....... YES!!! My drone was also manufactured in October of 23. So like I said in my post, FIMI has sold us a bad batch of drones in the United States and kept our money. My money at least. This is exactly why they have not yet started selling it on Amazon.

You never responded.

Thank you so much for understanding my thread and responding accordingly. Maybe I too need to get an American ExpressI am going to check on it right now for you....... YES!!! My drone was also manufactured in October of 23. So like I said in my post, FIMI has sold us a bad batch of drones in the United States and kept our money. My money at least. This is exactly why they have not yet started selling it on Amazon.
Are you considering the one with the standard controller or the one with the TX10A?
The standard controller

i fly my X8 Pro whenever it’s raining or snowing,no issues at all,full bar signal at 1000 yards(snow or rain) as long there is nothing between me and drone,only issues I have is morning winter sun ,too low and strong,causes camera to go full green glare all over screen,otherwise nothing but fun
…..one poster mentioned testing x8 indoors,i would recommend not to do that,take drone outside ,place it on the ground,make sure it’s all clear around drone so there is no issues with GPS,take your time,go trough settings,make sure controll is set to mode 2…….take your time to figure out all the features

Attachments

• 16F927A2-7B4D-4A1B-907F-D6246F5836FE.png
    16F927A2-7B4D-4A1B-907F-D6246F5836FE.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 3
  • B4C11C11-2FA5-466B-A000-823A5F3F4BBC.png
    B4C11C11-2FA5-466B-A000-823A5F3F4BBC.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 70BBD18E-5B7D-4A31-8C9E-923F26ACC3D3.png
    70BBD18E-5B7D-4A31-8C9E-923F26ACC3D3.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
i fly my X8 Pro whenever it’s raining or snowing,no issues at all,full bar signal at 1000 yards(snow or rain) as long there is nothing between me and drone,only issues I have is morning winter sun ,too low and strong,causes camera to go full green glare all over screen,otherwise nothing but fun
…..one poster mentioned testing x8 indoors,i would recommend not to do that,take drone outside ,place it on the ground,make sure it’s all clear around drone so there is no issues with GPS,take your time,go trough settings,make sure controll is set to mode 2…….take your time to figure out all the features
Thank you for responding. However, i think you are missing the point of my message. Your response seems to address the functionality of the drone and not the egregious and fraudulent practices demonstrated by FIMI TECHNOLOGY LTD. I would like to share with you that I have been flying drones for several years. I have owned 1 dji, 2 Holystone, 5 Rukos, 2 Deers and 9 Fimi X8SE 2022v2. I truly appreciate the advice on testing but that is something that I think I have downpack especially when it comes to the trouble shooting phase as I too am a Tech Guy.

Luckily for you, you happened to receive a FIMI X8 PRO and possibly a TX10A Controller that works fine and did not require much attention. However, keep in mind that your drone has no warranty. Should you have an issue in the near future the situations explained in my original posts will definitely apply to you. Furthermore, FIMI misinformation about their Drons having Remote ID but its not being recognized by the FAA or on the FAAs list of Approved remote ID UAVs, will actually limit your ability to fly here shortly. I am quite sure that when you went to register your drone on the FAA's website you had to claim that it didn't have remote ID because Fimi does not have the specific remote ID code that is required by the UNITED STATES when conducting the legal registrationas the drone exceeds the 249 grams threshold.
With that being said, that is another red flag.

Again, thank you for responding, but I actually think that you need to re_read my original initial posts carefully and absorb the nature of the information and messages contained therein.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I finally go the chance to fly my X8 Pro outside today here in Minnesota. It was a balmy 20 degrees (-7C). Wind was 20 gusting 25 (mph). I'm thoroughly impressed with it so far, it flew like a champ in the wind. Camera was as advertised, no horizon tilt despite the wind. Video is smooth and clear, camera stills good as well. I didn't get the chance to try out all the special features, it was just too cold to be flying for long. This thing is fast, agile, and it lands right on the pad. It looks like I got a good one, despite my rough start due to the Samsung phone issue which I was able to resolve. I'll make a more detailed post about that in a new thread so it can help others who have the issue with the newest Samsung phones. I'm heading back down to my south Florida home in a few days, I plan to really test this thing out down there. Range run over sea, etc.

Regarding my post above about hovering it indoors, I do that with new drones sometimes to make sure they are working before flying outside. I know it is ill advised, but I've never had a problem in the past. I don't fly them around, I just hover them for a few minutes in a large room with vaulted ceiling. Brain fart when I hovered the X8 Pro as mentioned in my above post, the obsticle avoidance feature was enabled! Duh!

BMW Droner- I'm sorry you got a bad pair of these! Did you buy directly from the Fimi Official Store? Or a reseller like Ali Express, Banggood, etc? I bought mine from the Fimi UAV Store. They were very responsive when I contacted them about the connection issue, though I ultimately resolved it on my own. They list a warranty procedure on their site, it looks like they may have a US-based repair center. I bought my other Fimi, an X8 Mini V2 directly from the Fimi Official Store site, a steal with the discount code I used.

If you bought from someone other than Fimi and you used a credit card, you should consider initiating a chargeback if they will not honor the Fimi warranty or otherwise accept a return. You can do a chargeback on other cards besides AMEX, though AMEX seems to be the most hardcore in making it right with you. I hope you are able to get a good working unit, as this is really a killer drone. I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: Skydreamer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diomc