New FIMI X8 Pro drone!

I finally go the chance to fly my X8 Pro outside today here in Minnesota. It was a balmy 20 degrees (-7C). Wind was 20 gusting 25 (mph). I'm thoroughly impressed with it so far, it flew like a champ in the wind. Camera was as advertised, no horizon tilt despite the wind. Video is smooth and clear, camera stills good as well. I didn't get the chance to try out all the special features, it was just too cold to be flying for long. This thing is fast, agile, and it lands right on the pad. It looks like I got a good one, despite my rough start due to the Samsung phone issue which I was able to resolve. I'll make a more detailed post about that in a new thread so it can help others who have the issue with the newest Samsung phones. I'm heading back down to my south Florida home in a few days, I plan to really test this thing out down there. Range run over sea, etc.

Regarding my post above about hovering it indoors, I do that with new drones sometimes to make sure they are working before flying outside. I know it is ill advised, but I've never had a problem in the past. I don't fly them around, I just hover them for a few minutes in a large room with vaulted ceiling. Brain fart when I hovered the X8 Pro as mentioned in my above post, the obsticle avoidance feature was enabled! Duh!

BMW Droner- I'm sorry you got a bad pair of these! Did you buy directly from the Fimi Official Store? Or a reseller like Ali Express, Banggood, etc? I bought mine from the Fimi UAV Store. They were very responsive when I contacted them about the connection issue, though I ultimately resolved it on my own. They list a warranty procedure on their site, it looks like they may have a US-based repair center. I bought my other Fimi, an X8 Mini V2 directly from the Fimi Official Store site, a steal with the discount code I used.

If you bought from someone other than Fimi and you used a credit card, you should consider initiating a chargeback if they will not honor the Fimi warranty or otherwise accept a return. You can do a chargeback on other cards besides AMEX, though AMEX seems to be the most hardcore in making it right with you. I hope you are able to get a good working unit, as this is really a killer drone. I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks for the response. I know that the drone is a killer drone. Maybe I should have baught it from FIMI UAV instead. As a third party vendor, Fimi would be sure to supply them with all proper and tested drones. Are you using a11am TX10A, or the standard controller?

Thanks for the response. I know that the drone is a killer drone. Maybe I should have baught it from FIMI UAV instead. As a third party vendor, Fimi would be sure to supply them with all proper and tested drones. Are you using a11am TX10A, or the standard controller?
I'm using the standard controller with Samsung Galaxy S23 phone at this time. I've been considering the TX10a, as it can be had for $189 shipped with the coupon code applied. More convenient than using the phone, but still a not very large screen for my ageing eyes... I've been thinking about finding an 8" tablet with 1000+ nits so it is sunlight readable (if anyone even makes one). The phone is 1750 nits, but I understand that 1000+ is enough for viewing in direct sun, as the TX 10A has.

I wonder if your problem lies in the TX10? Perhaps they haven't worked out the bugs yet with the connection between the 8X Pro and the new controller? I assume you already have, but if not, you should try [email protected] and see what they can do for you. I'd be pissed also if I had two drones that didn't work! I'm sure they will do something for you though, it is bad business to leave people hanging. Reputation is everything, bad reviews and unresolved customer service issues = lower sales...

I'm using the standard controller with Samsung Galaxy S23 phone at this time. I've been considering the TX10a, as it can be had for $189 shipped with the coupon code applied. More convenient than using the phone, but still a not very large screen for my ageing eyes... I've been thinking about finding an 8" tablet with 1000+ nits so it is sunlight readable (if anyone even makes one). The phone is 1750 nits, but I understand that 1000+ is enough for viewing in direct sun, as the TX 10A has.

I wonder if your problem lies in the TX10? Perhaps they haven't worked out the bugs yet with the connection between the 8X Pro and the new controller? I assume you already have, but if not, you should try [email protected] and see what they can do for you. I'd be pissed also if I had two drones that didn't work! I'm sure they will do something for you though, it is bad business to leave people hanging. Reputation is everything, bad reviews and unresolved customer service issues = lower sales...
Hey there. They have done nothing to help the situation. They keep telling me that I have to pay the $400 dollars each to return the drones and may possibly charge me to have it repaired. This is coming from their representative named AMY. They are not willing to send at least 1 return shipping label as after I spent $1300.00 with them.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE REMOTE ID FUNCTION ON THE DRONES DOES NOT WORK.

THE OTHER PROBLEM WE ARE ABOUT TO FACE IS THE FACT THAT FIMI IS NOT LISTED ON THE FAA'S APPROVED LIST OF REMOTE ID DRONES. THEIR DRONES DOES NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED SERIAL NUMBER FOR FAA REGISTRATION.

SO WHEN THE FAA PLACES A HARD DATE ON THE REMOTE ID REQUIREMENT YOU WILL BE OUT OF COMPLIANCE AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL MODULE.

COMPLETELY FALSE ADVERTISING THAT WILL COST YOU LATER.

fimi x8 se 2022 rid is faa approved as of today,if you have x8se 2022 drone go to faa drone zone and register remote id

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diomc