Hubsan zino mini se

old man mavic

Reaction score
not been able to fly my mini se much recently ,due to having a cataract op on my right eye last Monday ,
but there have been some App updates and firmware updates for both the controller and drone in the last couple of days ,of the 12 flights i have had so far it is turning out to be a very good sub 250g drone and just gets better as the updates open up the capabilities of the drone, i have 2 more batteries on order to give me a total of 4 and they will give me well over an hour of flight time even though i like to land with 40% battery left which equates to around 28 to 30 minutes per flight depending on temperature and wind conditions ,with my Mini 1 40% remaining charge would be 18 to 20 minutes of flight time ,you may be thinking why does he only fly down to 40% well it is something i have done since my early days of drone ownership ,the main reason being that with the randomness of the weather here in the UK, knowing when you might get out to fly again after a flying day, is so hit and miss that having the batteries at 40% allows them to be safely stored from one day to a couple of weeks with out having to top them up at the end of the flying day we all have our own methods for our batteries and thats the one that works for me

I got one last week. It's been a lot of fun. My first drone so been sticking to short 10 - 15 min flights and not letting it get to far. In the manual under 'Landing Apron Search - Page 20' there's a reference 'If an error is identified or other unexpwected circumstances occur, press the stop button to exit the function.'. Any idea what the stop button might be?

you can give a short press of the RTH button on the controller which will cancel the RTH and it will just hover and wait for you to decide what your next move will be

Last edited:
Reactions: cQt5kvRxDGzt7tJz
I'm expecting my mini se to be delivered around the end of January. I'm pretty excited to get out and fly around a bit. I have a Holystone HS 120 which was gifted to me by my son but I will re-gift to my neighbour who I have been out flying with a few times....he has a little drone which constantly crashes.
I've watched lots of Youtube reviews on the zino mini se and it really looks promising.

Reactions: old man mavic
@mcdave61 there have been several firmware updates recently both for the RC and the drone
which have improved the flight experience, plus some app updates as well ,you will probably be prompted to do them ,after you set everything up for the first time the bottom of the drone does get quite hot when it is just sitting during updates ,my solution is to have a small desk fan blowing over the drone ,which helps to dissipate the heat away ,as though it was in flight

@mcdave61 there have been several firmware updates recently both for the RC and the drone
which have improved the flight experience, plus some app updates as well ,you will probably be prompted to do them ,after you set everything up for the first time the bottom of the drone does get quite hot when it is just sitting during updates ,my solution is to have a small desk fan blowing over the drone ,which helps to dissipate the heat away ,as though it was in flight
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to stay up to date on this forum and also looking forward to new youtube reviews (y):)

Reactions: old man mavic
Anyone have any luck using FPV goggles with the Mini SE ? There is an "FPV" setting in the app, though not sure if it's true FPV, as the screen won't split when engaged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy