Holy Stone HS 720E SD card issue

Budgar

Reaction score
Hello, I recently picked up a HS720E and it doesn't seem to record to the SD card. I am going round and round with their customer service but the problem hasn't been resolved as of yet. Also my controller reads out height and distance in meter's while I have it set to feet. My phone and IPad reads out in feet. just not the controller. It flies well, just having problems recording to the SD card. I'm in Albuquerque so if anyone's close maybe we can get together to fly.

Reactions: TJay
Hello, I recently picked up a HS720E and it doesn't seem to record to the SD card. I am going round and round with their customer service but the problem hasn't been resolved as of yet. Also my controller reads out height and distance in meter's while I have it set to feet. My phone and IPad reads out in feet. just not the controller. It flies well, just having problems recording to the SD card. I'm in Albuquerque so if anyone's close maybe we can get together to fly.
I just purchased the same drone and was told to use only a class 10 SD card.

I have tried about everything with this issue, it's a U3 class card, I've formatted in both FAT32 and exFat, no luck. So Holy Stone sends me a replacement drone, brand new out of the box and same thing. It won't record to the SD card. WTF? Do I step down to a lower class card? This doesn't make any sense, but I now have two drones that won't record to the sd card. And I'm using both an IPad and an IPhone, No joy!

It’s a setting within the Ophelia GO app. The engrish instructions are trash and app navigation is far from intuitive.

Reactions: BlueAero91
Is it possible for you to post up some pictures of what I'm looking for in the app? This seems to be a common problem, but info on how to correct it is pretty sparse.

Is it possible for you to post up some pictures of what I'm looking for in the app? This seems to be a common problem, but info on how to correct it is pretty sparse.
1616337620820.png
The gear icon opens the settings. Option to format the SD card as pictured. Make sure the card is inserted fully with pins pointed towards the ground. I had a failure to capture to card once by not confirming the card was in all the way. It has bounce back retention and not snap in/out. If you need more pictures of the drone with the card lemme know I’ll go dig it out

Thanks, I've tried it several times, formatted in both exFAT and FAT32, still no go. I'll figure it out..... or I won't. I still like to fly it. and it takes good 1080 pics.

Thanks, I've tried it several times, formatted in both exFAT and FAT32, still no go. I'll figure it out..... or I won't. I still like to fly it. and it takes good 1080 pics.
Sounds like the only variable you haven’t tried is a different SD card.

Put the SD into your PC/Laptop and copy some "stuff" onto it. Put it into your drone and use Ophelia GO app to FORMAT. Put it back into your PC/Laptop and if your "stuff" is gone the drone CAN see the SD card...

I had the same problem using a class 10 128GB SD card I bought at the same time as the drone. It did not format it when I tried. I was however able to successfully store photos and videos on 32GB and 4GB cards so maybe it doesn't really support 128GB? I didn't have a problem using the card on my computer and even created the WiFi-FPV\(PHOTO,VIDEO) file structure.

I had the same problem using a class 10 128GB SD card I bought at the same time as the drone. It did not format it when I tried. I was however able to successfully store photos and videos on 32GB and 4GB cards so maybe it doesn't really support 128GB? I didn't have a problem using the card on my computer and even created the WiFi-FPV\(PHOTO,VIDEO) file structure.

Why Of Course !!! Should have been the first question asked... HS720 supports up to 32GB.

Reactions: Jack N Dixie

---- begin cut-and-paste ---
Question: Does the hs720 offer 4k or 2.5k? the description says 4k
but advertising on the holy stone web site says this model
offers 2.5 k can you help explain?
Answer: It definitely has the look of 4K although it really doesn’t say.
It does require a class 10 or higher micro SD card which tells
me 4K. For some reason it limits the size of the card to 32K
but that’s plenty for a 25 minute flight.

- Michael Greening · April 29, 2020
--- end cut-and-paste ----

Note the "32K" typo' in the quoted text...

Why Of Course !!! Should have been the first question asked... HS720 supports up to 32GB.
While the 720 seems to support 32GB, OP and I were talking about the 720E which is supposed to support 128GB according to the manual. Anyone using that size card with the 720E? I'm probably going to pick up a 64GB because I can at least use that size in my GoPro.

Also the specific type of card. I bought a SDXC which is apparently not backwards compatible with a strict SD card. The manual does say TF card which apparently was created before SD so the card type may be the issue. The cards that worked for me were SDHC.

Last edited:
I use a SanDisk 128GB Class 10 with my HS720E without issue. I always format it in the drone via the Ophelia app when needed. sandisk.png

Reactions: Jack N Dixie
I bought a 64GB SDXC because I could at least use that with my GoPro if nothing else. I formatted with Ophelia GO, took pictures and video, and verified with Ophelia GO that they were on the SD card. Then I put the card into my computer (win7) and GoPro and they did not recognize that the card was formatted. I took the 128GB card I had bought before and explicitly formatted it as exFAT on my computer (it thought the capacity was 23.3GB though) but the drone still wouldn't record pictures or video on it and attempting to format did not seem to work.

So maybe if you are using a SDXC card, you can only use it with the drone. I don't know why a re-format wouldn't work though. The 64GB SDXC and the 32GB SDHC seemed to re-format fine.

Screwing around some more, I found I was able to insert the 128GB card in my phone and format it there. Then it became usable with with the drone. So it sounded like you were using a computer to do your formatting Budgar , so you might try using your phone instead.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy