4DRC-M1 Mark300

retiredCSPD

Reaction score
I'm trying to see whether I should bother installing external antennas on this aircraft. What I've found so far is there are two antennas in the camera with the little stingers poking out. One antenna in the body of the drone. This drone has 5g. I'm thinking that both antennas in the camera is probably the 5g. Then I'm guessing at this point is the data port is the antenna on the drone. Now here is where I'm lost. On the controller there is only one antenna. That has to be the data antenna, right? I'm guessing there's only one antenna on the controller because the camera is exchanging video etc directly with the phone. Is my thought process correct? I'm uploading some pictures to see if that helps in understanding me. Any info is appreciated.20200426_215015.jpg20200426_210028.jpg20200426_210144.jpg

Lachlan12787

Reaction score
i doubt it will be 5g. more like 5.8ghz for the VTX (video) and 2.4ghz for the TX (radio transmitter). it may use wifi for the video. its hard to tell
Cheers

retiredCSPD

Reaction score
i doubt it will be 5g. more like 5.8ghz for the VTX (video) and 2.4ghz for the TX (radio transmitter). it may use wifi for the video. its hard to tell
Cheers
T
Cheers
I guess I should have clarified myself better. The wifi is 5g not 4g any longer. It's hard to find a 4g in new drones. Anyhow 5g at a frequency of, you're correct, 5.8ghz. I've decided to go with a 2.4ghz antenna on the aircraft and do nothing to the camera antennas. The antennas in the camera is for 5g wifi. I figure if I lose the video I would want to turn around anyhow. The external antenna on the aircraft would just about guarantee control enough to turn it around. I guess I'll see. Got the antennas for the transmitter and the bird coming this week. The one for the bird is a TrueRC Singularity 2.4ghz and the controller is a 2.4ghz Shapeshifter Selectable Gain. I've heard good things about both of them. Again thanks for your response. Take care and good health.

Reactions: Lachlan12787

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauljr92