Troubleshooting Drone issue

Drkspy

Reaction score
Hey guys! New to this site and to Drone flying in general. I have an EXO Ranger 7 and have ran into an issue. I misjudged my distance from a small tree and flew through it. The drone landed (crashed) right side up and never rolled over or bounced. It was a grassy field and upon inspection, no obvious damage other than a slight roll on the tip of a single propeller. However, after cycling the drone's power and recalibrating before take off, the drone seems to have an issue with flight. More specifically it will not maintain altitude and it will not responded immediately to any altitude adjustment in flight. It will briefly respond after delay if I try to raise elevation, but not for long. The drone drops as if it's landing. Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be?

~Drkspy

Check for crud that may have gotten lodged in the motors or on the propeller shafts during the crash.

TCS

I just got a ranger 7 with the obstacle avoidance. The OA was working fine for the first several flights but now I can get it to work. Not sure what to do.

I don't have this type of drone but if it has bottom sensors which helps in landing then I would check that and try to recalibrate that if possible. The drone dropping to the ground and not landing softly points to this issue because it cannot properly read the vps altitude.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finnallen