Signal or antenna boosters

Brutalwarpig

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used an Alientech antenna/booster and if so, what was your experience with it? I have no intention of buying a $400-$1200 antenna or signal booster. I'm just curious how effective they are and why someone would need to double the range of a 15km or 20km transmitter/receiver on a drone. I have an DJI Air 3, a DJI Mini 3 and a FIMI X8 Pro and FIMI X8 2022SE V2. I've flown them across Downtown Nashville Tennessee and in various remote rural and densely populated urban areas. I've always had plenty of signal strength and never had any serious control issues. On the few instances when control would drop out I was still able to use the return to launching point GPS functions. I've never lost a drone. I'm curious about locations where such a booster is needed. Or is this just for those who want to push the boundaries of what the tech is capable of? I can certainly see the benefit of a booster/antenna system for the Ukrainian military but that's an entirely different environment than 99% of us are ever operating in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Troy