Possible Zino gimbal problem - fixed (see the last message)

W1DGL

Reaction score
I tried to update the firmware for both the drone (Zino) and the gimbal and it seemed to 'take' both updates, but now I have no camera and also getting a "The gimbal angle sensor is abnormal" in the app, even after connecting to the Zino and I get a "Gimbal calibration failed" after trying it. I also see an "Error 0x2000" in the gimbal calibration area Compass calibration is normal and IMU (gyro) calibration is normal.

How can I correct this?
Is there a way to revert back to the previous FW versions? I don't see any of the previous versions on the Hubsan Service page. I have version ZINO_G_V3.0.2.13 installed for the gimbal and Zino_IT_V0.3.6 on the drone itself.
Flight control software shows as Zino_FC_V1.2.11
As shown in the picture below, the camera's working, but the gimbal control isn't.

DSCF2953.JPG

Last edited:
Hey so thanks for sending the link to your question. I had many issues with my gimbal and camera also. I would suggest checking out this YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/c/QCGUY/videos

His name is Chris Wade {QC Guy} and he has done tons of videos about Hubsan drones. His videos really helped me when I had my Zino and he even does repairs. Just DM him in Facebook and he usually answers. He has lots of really great info!

He also has a Facebook group:

Facebook Groups

Many of the members have Husban drones themselves and are usually pretty quick to help if you post a question. There is also a Hubsan Facebook group that might be very helpful to you. I would start with these page/groups/forums and see if they can help. I haven't flown my Zino in over 2 yrs, so I am not familiar with the most recent firmware and the most recent issues. I also would recommend contacting Hubsan with your question. I know that there are certain codes that mean the gimbal/camera are faulty and need to be replaced, but I don't remember the exact codes. Hopefully if you are under warranty they will help.

If for some reason you need a new gimbal and camera assembly, let me know. I have a brand new, never used, gimbal/camera for a Zino pro along with the gimbal calibration cover, which is specifically for calibrating a newly installed gimbal/camera assembly. {much different than just a gimbal cover} as well as new { never used} spare controller, charger, car charger, and a back pack for the Zino and many many extras that I have for sale. Send me an email at [email protected] if you are interested. I really hope you find the answers you need to get back up in the air! All the best to you,

Mitchell

Hey so thanks for sending the link to your question. I had many issues with my gimbal and camera also. I would suggest checking out this YouTube page.

His name is Chris Wade {QC Guy} and he has done tons of videos about Hubsan drones. His videos really helped me when I had my Zino and he even does repairs. Just DM him in Facebook and he usually answers. He has lots of really great info!

Facebook Groups

Many of the members have Husban drones themselves and are usually pretty quick to help if you post a question. There is also a Hubsan Facebook group that might be very helpful to you. I would start with these page/groups/forums and see if they can help. I haven't flown my Zino in over 2 yrs, so I am not familiar with the most recent firmware and the most recent issues. I also would recommend contacting Hubsan with your question. I know that there are certain codes that mean the gimbal/camera are faulty and need to be replaced, but I don't remember the exact codes. Hopefully if you are under warranty they will help.

If for some reason you need a new gimbal and camera assembly, let me know. I have a brand new, never used, gimbal/camera for a Zino pro along with the gimbal calibration cover, which is specifically for calibrating a newly installed gimbal/camera assembly. {much different than just a gimbal cover} as well as new { never used} spare controller, charger, car charger, and a back pack for the Zino and many many extras that I have for sale. Send me an email at [email protected] if you are interested. I really hope you find the answers you need to get back up in the air! All the best to you,

Mitchell
I've already joined the Hubsan FB page and already contacted Chris about it (this one used to be his, 2 owners ago) and he said he didn't know what's happening with it, so no help there.

Reactions: MNNJR69
I've already joined the Hubsan FB page and already contacted Chris about it (this one used to be his, 2 owners ago) and he said he didn't know what's happening with it, so no help there.
I understand. I'm sorry I can't help more. That is all the places I would go when I needed help. Search for that error code or contact Hubsan and see what they say. Sorry I can't help more. I feel for you. I know your frustrations!

Facebook Groups

Mitchell
Mine's just the regular Zino, not a Pro or a mini, so I'm guessing the camera/gimbal would be different than the Pro's or mini's

YAY! I got it working again! Found out how (from a friend who flies with me occasionally) how to revert to a previous firmware version, loaded it and the previous gimbal firmware in and now everything works the way it did when I first got the Zino (Standard).
Thank you to @MNNJR69 for the assistance and at least trying to help!

• Love
YAY! I got it working again! Found out how (from a friend who flies with me occasionally) how to revert to a previous firmware version, loaded it and the previous gimbal firmware in and now everything works the way it did when I first got the Zino (Standard).
Thank you to @MNNJR69 for the assistance and at least trying to help!
You were more than enough help, just by replying, @MNNJR69, believe it or not. That got me to actually looking around from your suggestions.

You were more than enough help, just by replying, @MNNJR69, believe it or not. That got me to actually looking around from your suggestions.
I live in Vegas and if you ever come up this way maybe we can get together and go fly. You've got my email. Blue skies and happy flying!

Haven't actually flown it yet, but it SEEMS to be working again.

I live in Vegas and if you ever come up this way maybe we can get together and go fly. You've got my email. Blue skies and happy flying!
@MNNJR69, Looking forward to it! Just shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll make arrangements to get together and fly. I also got my DJI P3S back today and ALMOST crashed it again on the test flight, until I did the IMU calibration and then it seemed to fly normally again.
I had to fight it to get it landed safely before the calibration.

Facebook Groups

Mitchell
I sent it to Chris and he fixed the gimbal issue and a couple other minor things. Really pleased with his fixes.20220420_075942_0004.JPG
From about 200' agl

1st link is the flight video I did the same day I got it back from Chris, @MNNJR69. 2nd link is one I did to really test it out, 3rd link is a flight BEFORE the repairs (for comparison).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric