Point of Interest question

Dansnman

Reaction score
I know what POI mode does, but explain to me if I actually CHOOSE an object as the POI or is the POI the controller, or is it where the drone is when I start it? This is the confusing part for me.
I hope I'm asking this correctly.

Thanks

I know what POI mode does, but explain to me if I actually CHOOSE an object as the POI or is the POI the controller, or is it where the drone is when I start it? This is the confusing part for me.
I hope I'm asking this correctly.

Thanks
So POI means Point of Interest and you determine what this is. Typically you use this during autonomous flight mode and you pick some way points and after that you choose a "POI" as the point your lens will be pointing at so you can film it. You will also have a "H" in a circle that means the drone has picked that spot, GPS point, as its home reference. I hope this clears this up for you my high flying friend, keep those props spinning.

So POI means Point of Interest and you determine what this is. Typically you use this during autonomous flight mode and you pick some way points and after that you choose a "POI" as the point your lens will be pointing at so you can film it. You will also have a "H" in a circle that means the drone has picked that spot, GPS point, as its home reference. I hope this clears this up for you my high flying friend, keep those props spinning.
Like I mentioned, I know what POI is. However, on the HS720G, it doesn't seem like I can choose and actual object at all. All I can do is enter orbit mode having chosen a preset radius.
Upon testing this, it looks like when I begin "Orbit" mode, it begins a circle with the radius being the previously set distance (let's say 50ft for this example) away from wherever the camera is facing at the time the Orbit mode begins.
I did this twice in the same flight, even changing radius for the 2nd attempt, yet facing a different direction at a different place in the air, and it did what I just described.
I think true "Point of Interest" where I get to choose an object is reserved for a more expensive drone.

Reactions: Syncro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snooked