Need advice for a better camera

Gary

Reaction score
I bought a Potensic-M2 D85 and the drone itself flies great. Issue is the camera is not what I need. It’s only 2k video and 2 mega pixels. I need a camera with better still photo resolution. So I bought an Apeman A80camera with 20 mega pixels and 4K video. The camera itself is a lot better than the one that comes with the drone, but my issue is the WiFi keeps dropping out. So I went looked up the specs of the camera and it’s wifi is only good for about 20 feet or so. I’m confused on how these WiFi based cameras can go a lot further than that on the drone when flying. I know WiFi works better with line of sight such as outdoors, but how do some of these drones go miles and the camera still functions? Such as the Mavics? Hope some can answer this and help me put a good camera on this good flying drone.

I also looked at the Gopro Hero 5 black. It’s rated for 12 mega pixels bu5 WiFi is only about 50 ft. But I have read that these Gopros are being used on drones. How?

My Dreamer 4K connects with an OTG cable so it is good out to 2 Km but I have gotten video past that. Wifi will not have the range that an OTG system will

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rick1