My DRONE X PRO review.... at this point I find it to be one tough little marketing wonder!

Lou

Reaction score
20190731_144753.jpg

Just arrived from China.
Advertised on Facebook.
Ordered: 7/10/2019
Arrived: 7/31/2019 (today)

To be continued..... now
7/31/2019 9:42 pm Eastern Standard Time.
If you look at the photo above, you will see 4 prop guards, one at the end of each prop. There are made of cheap plastic, and press on to the bottom of each prop... from the bottom :0|
I wonder how long these are going to stay on?

Not long, as you can see from the second picture posted, one has already fallen off.
:0(

The next item of concern is the battery.
Ships with one., takes a little over an hour to charge.
Shown in the second picture posted, in front of the drone that is missing a prop guard :0(
Very small. :0|
I wonder how long the flight time will be?

Not long, roughly six minutes
:0(

To be continued..... 8/1/2019
Well I start off removing the 3 remaining prop guards, in order to maintain a balanced drone during flight.
Battery is fully charged, controller is charged.... lets see how it fly's!

I can't seem to get it to hover in one place :0|
I can fine tune it in so that it holds still/hovers for 10 seconds or so, after which it strays off course while accelerating rapidly :0(
Resetting gyro's to factory settings.
Problem remains :0(
OK, time to take a break and come back to this in a bit when I have a charged battery to work with :0|

To be continued.... 8/2/2019
Well, well it seems that "clackey" is 100% correct.
DRONE X PRO is nothing more then a marketing marvel that SUCKS in stupid people like myself to buy OLD outdated technologies, sold under a new name... at an inflated price!
lol, I have too laugh at my STUPIDITY!

eh... what are ya gonna do!

Oh yeah, I still can't get the drone to hover in one spot :0|

I feel like Harry Potter trying to catch the little ball in the sky every time I fly this thing

There might be more to come, I am going out to attempt to get it to sit still in the sky.........
Wish me luck!

All I can say is... if I could get it to stay in one spot for any length of time it would be a great little drone!
:0|

Sure am glad I have this to play with when I want too!20190730_195758.jpgo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
08/03/2019
I have had the DRONE X PRO/ E58 drone for a couple of days now, and have started to appreciate what this drone can do when it is in the air....... lol, everything but stay in one place. I also think that the more I fly it the better my understanding will be so that I will make less BONE HEAD mistakes!
;0)
I find the flight time has increased with my ability to keep it out of the bushes, trees and neighbors hair.
Some where in the neighborhood of 10 minutes, give or take.
That is a beautiful thing when compared to what I reported earlier, (6 minutes).

Oh, I named her Lucille!20190803_203826.jpg

More to come....
08/04/2019
Be aware, if you are OLD like me your eyesight might not be what it was..... So I have to pay really close attention to the drone when flying over 40ft or so feet away from me. If not I have absolutely no idea what the little bugger's flight path will be :0|
lol!

Attachments

• 20190731_214017.jpg
    20190731_214017.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
We don't have a section for these yet so I have placed this in General . Maybe @clackey can make a section or find where to put these.
I have been seeing these advertised a lot and look forward to watching this thread , thanks for posting it.

Reactions: Lou
This is the challenge of some of these drones. They resell drones as a different make or model. Isn't this the same as the Eachine E58?
lol, so it is!
Thanks, I will read what they have to say before I screw anything else up ;0)

Reactions: dirkclod
You didn't mess up you just didn't know.
I moved this to that section so just keep on here . (y)

Thanks for the assistance with my trojan horse!, clackey and dirkclod it is appreciated!(y)
Thanks for posting this review, Lou. I'd seen this on Facebook and YouTube as well! Your sharing may save people from this trick in the future!

Reactions: Lou
Well I think I have come to the end of my review.
Pro's:
very durable, outstanding maneuverability, very fast.
Con's:
6 to 7min battery life.
1.5hr charge time.
Is not able to maintain any kind of hover.
* I found the application to be a waste of time, due to the gyro quality, had to use controller only.

Time to put her on the shelf, and go back to my Spark.

Have a wonderful day!
;0)

Attachments

• 20190806_180952.jpg
    20190806_180952.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Well I think I have come to the end of my review.
Pro's:
very durable, outstanding maneuverability, very fast.
Con's:
6 to 7min battery life.
1.5hr charge time.
Is not able to maintain any kind of hover.
* I found the application to be a waste of time, due to the gyro quality, had to use controller only.

Time to put her on the shelf, and go back to my Spark.

Have a wonderful day!
;0)
Does it have a barometer and stays at a same altitude, even if it drifts everywhere? If so, you can use it to practice ATTI flying.

Does it have a barometer and stays at a same altitude, even if it drifts everywhere? If so, you can use it to practice ATTI flying.
Maintains altitude fine, just drifts left or right.
I don't know if they have any racing locally, will have to check that out.
Thanks Ansia

Reactions: Ansia
I purchased the Eachine E58 on ebay for next to nothing. Now my stepdaughter loves to fly it. She has gotten pretty good at keeping it in the air. It's not a bad drone, holds its altitude pretty well and is pretty fast. For the price I am very pleased with it.

I got sucked in on a Eachine EX4. The thing was absolutely uncontrollable right out of the box, even waiting for GPS to populate. It sucked miserably. And after three attempts to keep it even reasonably under control I (next day after receipt) wrote for a return. Banggood jerked me around to the point where I just had to file a dispute with the bank. I've replaced it with a Mavic Mini. I would have gone for the Mavic Air 2 except that the EX4 had soured my experience with drone flying that I didn't want to risk any more money than necessary.

Reactions: clackey

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy