LiPo Battery charging

RoadKing

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
If you have a quad, transmitter or any other device that came with a charger (like a DJI product) you should use it for charging that device.

However, in the FPV world you'd typically buy batteries and have to also get a charger.

Charging LiPo's requires that you know what size battery you have, how high you can charge it and discharge it, and at what rate. Not doing so correctly not only shortens the battery's life, but can also be very dangerous as they can explode and/or burst into flames.

This is well understood by experienced pilots, but newcomers may not know how to properly maintain batteries.

I found this chart that someone created (not me) that may be helpful to those just getting started.

Lipoly Voltage 2S - 6S Packs.JPG

Reactions: BigAl07
Lipo batteries have a huge drop off in voltage when near fully charged and when getting lower on the charge (3S 11.1V it has a big drop for EG) some batteries you can buy have a lower internal resistance which means they can have less of a drop. these are usually the Lipo graphene batteries. edit>>> the 3 cell LiPo can go down to about 10.5V before doing damage at 10.2v iirc. my batteries are LiPo 11.1V (3s) 5200 Mah. i use 2 of them in series to make 10400 Mah at 11.1V. they seem to work great and the milliamp hour stays true to 10400 on every charge and discharge.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jtmech90