The Pervalka Lighthouse, standing in the Curonian Lagoon next to Pervalka in front of the Žirgai Cape (Eng. “Horses’ Cape”) in the Birštvynas Point was built and began operating on November 27, 1900. It is the only lighthouse in the Curonian Lagoon that is located on the water, not on land, on a small artificial isle built approximately 200 metres from the coast. The lighthouse was built with the aim of marking the point protruding into the lagoon as an obstacle to be bypassed while navigating the Curonian Lagoon. The lighthouse is 14 metres in height. It operates automatically and transmits white signals visible 13 km (7 nautical miles) away. The foundations of the lighthouse have been made from stone masonry, while the lighthouse itself is of cylindrical shape, narrowing towards the top, with walls of riveted metal sheets, and its tin roof is bell-shaped. The lighthouse has a metal staircase within which leads to a circular platform with metal handrails. At the beginning of the 20th century, the beacon light was emitted by a kerosene lamp, whereas presently it has a buoy lamp with a photocell. The lighthouse was rebuilt twice: in 1948 and 1960, and the isle was reinforced with concrete blocks. In 2006, the lighthouse underwent major repairs.The lighthouse can be reached by a ship and can be seen from the coast of the Curonian Lagoon. It is not open for visitors.