HS 720E "hidden" channel menu?

Darth Fader

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have not seen this discussed anywhere while researching this drone but if you hold the Unlock button while powering on the Controller (with the drone turned off) then long press and release the Photo/Video button, what appears to be a channel menu appears where the distance and height display is normally located. There are 3 menu "headers" labeled "FCC", "Fch" & "ALL". Short pressing the Photo/Video button will step through the available choices for each "header". Does anyone have any information pertaining to what this is for?
Apologies if this is a known function, I'm new to the game.
P.S. Thank you for providing this Forum.

WELCOME ABOARD! (y)

Hi all,
I have not seen this discussed anywhere while researching this drone but if you hold the Unlock button while powering on the Controller (with the drone turned off) then long press and release the Photo/Video button, what appears to be a channel menu appears where the distance and height display is normally located. There are 3 menu "headers" labeled "FCC", "Fch" & "ALL". Short pressing the Photo/Video button will step through the available choices for each "header". Does anyone have any information pertaining to what this is for?
Apologies if this is a known function, I'm new to the game.
P.S. Thank you for providing this Forum.
I watched lots of videos on youtube, but never seen this.

I did email Holy Stone and provided them with this video of it today:
Waiting to hear back from them.

VERY interesting: I hope they reply to you and if they do PLEASE share their response here!

VERY interesting: I hope they reply to you and if they do PLEASE share their response here!
I plan to follow up. So far they've told me it is for "debugging" the controller but they also told me that they have forwarded it to their "product team" and are awaiting their reply. They said it should take 24-48 hrs. to get a reply, so we'll see.

Well I have not heard anything further from Holy Stone regarding this so I assume they do not intend to provide any further information about it. I will hit them with another email when I get some time but I'm not expecting much at this point.

EDIT: I received the following reply to my last email:

This is Ysa, on behalf of my colleague. let me assist you.

We got a response from our product team that the remote control function that you found in the video is "test mode", which is used for product certification; Please shut down the your restart, according to the normal frequency of the operation can be.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach us out we'll be glad to help.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Ysa

Last edited:
This menu allows you to change the transmitter power. When the values are increased to the maximum, the power rises significantly, but it is not possible to maintain these settings. After exiting this mode, the power of the remote control still remains the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redelheit