Hs 720

Reaction score
New here so hi!
Need some advice on an hs 720. Calibrated gyro and compass but it will start off doing small circles gradually getting bigger on it's own with gps enabled. When I turn gps off, it stops in place and hovers relatively fine. Holy Stone has sent me 2 replacement drones that both do the same thing. While waiting on the 1st replacement, I bought a dji mine 2se and it Flys perfectly fine in the same location. 19 satellites btw. I tried the hs in the mountains in BC but same result. Is it possible it's just a bad batch?

New here so hi!
Need some advice on an hs 720. Calibrated gyro and compass but it will start off doing small circles gradually getting bigger on it's own with gps enabled. When I turn gps off, it stops in place and hovers relatively fine. Holy Stone has sent me 2 replacement drones that both do the same thing. While waiting on the 1st replacement, I bought a dji mine 2se and it Flys perfectly fine in the same location. 19 satellites btw. I tried the hs in the mountains in BC but same result. Is it possible it's just a bad batch?
I'd like to know the weather conditions you experienced when this occurred. I encountered this a handful of times with the 720. I attributed it to thermals causing a change in altitude and the GPS overloading the controls trying to keep place. I have encountered this in very high winds when I rather foolishly took off as well. Toilette bowling possibly from the interference.

I have the hs720. This thing hates wind more than a few mph. I flew some today. Tried this morning and couldn't get GPS lock. The was cloud cover this morning. This afternoon I tried again. No issues with GPS lock. I have an ongoing issue where the camera says it's recording but after the flight it says it failed. I deleted the app, redownloaded it and plan to try tomorrow. Saw someone else say not to use the app to calibrate the drone. I really bought this one to see if I wanted to invest a little more money. Think I'm going to find one around $300 next.

I have an ongoing issue where the camera says it's recording but after the flight it says it failed.
The issue is that the video must be ended before the drone is powered off. That is how you avoid corrupted video files. If the video is longer than a few seconds and the drone goes off unexpectedly, you lose the file. You might be able to recover it from the mini SD card.
I really bought this one to see if I wanted to invest a little more money. Think I'm going to find one around $300 next.
I feel that the Holystone is a good place to start with drones. I do not feel that you will significantly change your experience for $300. You should consider doubling or tripling that amount and shopping carefully through the negative reviews. DJI is my next stop somewhere north of $1k.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to make sure and stop recording before powering down. I did delete and reinstall the app and it seems to have fixed certain issues. Thanks again.

Instability in the drone. Calibration issues. Random GPS connect problems. Just got done flying earlier. Drone seems to handle better. Hovering much more stable. None of the previous issues showed up in that session.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbaugh66