HS-720 battery issues..... irritating.

Chicagoland drone flyer

Reaction score
Purchased my HS-720 on July 3rd. flew it a couple times and it seemed like the batteries really had no life the last time I actually was able to fly at all on Sunday early morning. Charged batteries from 8 am until 5 pm, looked like they were still charging, but figured I would take it to the park near the dunkin donut by me and show a couple friends.... it flew for barely 3 to 4 minutes on either battery. Was able to contact Amazon customer service, and they agreed to send another complete unit, unfortunately even though I paid for rapid shipping when I originally bought it, they didnt provide that, so it will not arrive until tomorrow sometime. Almost seems like the battery charger forgot how to charge, because I have a difficult time believing both batteries can be no good in three flights. Does Holy Stone have known issues with their batteries and charger? I know I am not too impressed with the charging system and time it takes to charge.... but hopefully this was just a defect, and not likely gonna do it again shortly. Also thinking about purchasing the DJI Mini SE, if anyone has any experience with that model from DJI.

Try charging one battery rather than two at once. Yes, the branded charger charges very slowly. The power source (adapter) must have a stable voltage of 5 volts and provide a current of at least 2 amperes. Try another adapter.

It seems to be a great drone except for the battery charging. I think maybe the charger did not like my powered usb bank I tried using, so when the new one comes, will have to use my extra iphone 5v block to charge it... but 7-10 hours to charge is stupid.

It seems to be a great drone except for the battery charging. I think maybe the charger did not like my powered usb bank I tried using, so when the new one comes, will have to use my extra iphone 5v block to charge it... but 7-10 hours to charge is stupid.
Got my new HS720 a couple of weeks ago, it came with two batteries. No problem with either battery once fully charged. I have only charged one at a time in the charger/cradle that came with it. I did make sure I used a charger from a cell phone that offered fast charging. Have not had a problem with batteries coming up to full charge or short like when flying. I think your problem might be that the 5v thingy you plug into a 110v outlet, into which you plug the battery charger may not be giving you enough power for the battery charger unit to get full charge into your batteries.

Spike

Wouldn’t you know it. The replacement one finally came. Set that one’s charger up on a different outlet with a different 5 volt block and it appears to work properly. Plugged the original one back in, and now it appears to be working properly as well. Ugh. Be interesting to see if they are all charged in morning

The charging head that came with my 720E has 2 battery ports, but does not charge them simultaneously - it charges one battery and then charges the other consecutively.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric