Holystone HS720 won't take off

JAndrew17

Reaction score
Hello, complete newbie here. I got this drone for my birthday, had it for a couple of days. I seem to have successfully calibrated it. The drone is connected to the app. The rotors spin, but it will not leave the ground. It just stays there then stops spinning, despite pressing the take off button. I think that it could be an issue with the GPS. Also the drone is on Mode 2.
Any ideas? Many thanks.

Hello, complete newbie here. I got this drone for my birthday, had it for a couple of days. I seem to have successfully calibrated it. The drone is connected to the app. The rotors spin, but it will not leave the ground. It just stays there then stops spinning, despite pressing the take off button. I think that it could be an issue with the GPS. Also the drone is on Mode 2.
Any ideas? Many thanks.
Hello. Press the lower left button to start the engines, press the upper left button to auto take off. If you run in the house, turn off the GPS on the remote.

Hello. Press the lower left button to start the engines, press the upper left button to auto take off. If you run in the house, turn off the GPS on the remote.
I pressed the power button which activates the rotors, but pressing the take off button does nothing. It doesn't budge. I set it up inside, so I don't know if I need to do it outside. I have no idea how to fix this. So could you give be a detailed walkthrough into how I can resolve this if you know how?

In detail, I calibrated the drone. The front lights are red and the rear lights are green. I connected the drone to the Ophelia GO app and to the wireless network. I am able to activate the rotors. The mode is set to Mode 2, so I don't know if I need to change the mode. I cannot see the GPS number, so I don't know if it has found any satellites. But the problerm is it won't take off. Everything else seems to work.

Thanks if you're able to help.

For starters, you can do without a phone and an application, it flies without it. GPS is turned on on the remote control with a switch on the right side. After calibrating the compass, the number of satellites should appear on the remote control. It may be necessary to wait a bit. Then press the buttons I told you about earlier and take off. If this does not work, then the drone is defective. You tube is full of videos on how to do it.

Reactions: Jack N Dixie
For starters, you can do without a phone and an application, it flies without it. GPS is turned on on the remote control with a switch on the right side. After calibrating the compass, the number of satellites should appear on the remote control. It may be necessary to wait a bit. Then press the buttons I told you about earlier and take off. If this does not work, then the drone is defective. You tube is full of videos on how to do it.
Many thanks, I will give that a go.

Any ideas? Many thanks.
the props are installed incorrectly

I think, not sure, with the latest releases of the go app if there are too few satellites detected it won't take off. I have had the situation where I press the auto t/o button nothing happens, but wait a few seconds while it gets more GPS hooks it works.
Will try testing different scenarios next time I'm out

Reactions: Jack N Dixie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric