Holystone 720e flight & hover issues

joel.garza11

Reaction score
Hello, I've noticed over the past couple of flights that my drone doesn't hover properly, I've checked wind conditions, I've flown it in a controlled environment, and it doesn't seem to stay put while hovering. I don't know how much of an effect the condition of the propellers make on the hovering of the drone, or maybe it's something with the bearings themselves.

Additionally, when I put the drone on low speed mode, and I attempt to fly it forwards (camera facing forward), it almost seems like it tilts backwards. the controls aren't set to fly the drone forwards depending on the orientation, so the front of the drone is the camera, and this is something I also unsure about.

Reactions: mbatesco
mine really goes crazy when i rotate the drone like i have to fight to get it back under control

mine really goes crazy when i rotate the drone like i have to fight to get it back under control
I got in touch with customer support, and sent them a video of what I am experiencing.

Since mine had experienced a couple of crashes, they concluded that the main board of the drone had probably been damaged due to the crashes.
Have you crashed yours as much as I have >.< (I hope not)

So I have replaced my 720 with a 720E. It seems like a better photo and video at the cost of range and some handling.

Crashes definitely take a toll. You should change the blades if they are heavily scuffed it does affect handling. You can bandage the situation with a pen knife and shave the down the burrs. This is a temporary fix and only somewhat improves the performance from the rough edges deteriorating the lift of the propellors.

The cost of repairing the 720 versus "upgrading" was quite a simple decision. Overall I wish they make the combination of the range of the 720 and the better camera on the E model. 700 meters is slightly less than what I'd expect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbaugh66