Holy Stone HS120D hover issue

froggy8

Reaction score
hi guys,

first post, hope everybody is good :)

i have just purchased the Holy Stone HS120D, i did everything right from the manual. calibrated the compass and gyro. i have watched many videos and people are using the auto hover which i wasnt too keen on. i liked to hover manually so i tried to take off indoor with gps off, i moved the stick ever so slowly and it just shot up very quick. with all the other quad i had it would slowly fly up and i can hover with no problem at all but with this quad i cant seem to do it.

my question is, do i have to use the auto hover instead of manually?

many thanks guys.

have you turned off beginner mode ? they all come with beginner mode turned on !! open the app and turn off beginner mode if you haven't done so and then try it

Reactions: froggy8
have you turned off beginner mode ? they all come with beginner mode turned on !! open the app and turn off beginner mode if you haven't done so and then try it
thank you for that

if i take beginner off, wouldnt that make it even more faster?

no , turning off beginner mode will give you more control , your model comes with 3 speeds , the default speed is medium , switch it to low speed , I have an HS720 and it was all over the place until i shut off beginner mode ( per suggestion from Holy Stone tech support ) made a big difference !!! plus the controls are VERY sensitive !!!! have to be very easy on them , and that takes practice !

Reactions: froggy8
no , turning off beginner mode will give you more control , your model comes with 3 speeds , the default speed is medium , switch it to low speed , I have an HS720 and it was all over the place until i shut off beginner mode ( per suggestion from Holy Stone tech support ) made a big difference !!! plus the controls are VERY sensitive !!!! have to be very easy on them , and that takes practice !
many thanks for that

tried it last night with lowest setting and it went up nice and slow :)
all good now, just need to take it out to have a good test on it but weather been rubbish.

great !! glad it worked out !!!!
all the other quad never had the 3 speed thing so that was new to me. after test hover, i really like it. it was very easy to hover and so smooth.

just looking for another to buy for spares lol

Remember that each time the drone is turned off, it will go back to beginner moe which means speed at meium. Even a battery change causes this to happen. Amazon has a lot of spare parts available for the HS drones. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy