Holy Stone 720G - poor quality camera?

wallace4793

Reaction score
Hi,

My first post here and a new drone owner :)

I bought a drone for my boy ;-) for Xmas. I picked up a brand new 720G from Facebook (still sealed). I looked at reviews and it looked a decent beginner drone and the images looked good. I’ve set mine up a test flew it a few times and took some video and photos but I must say the quality of the images is poor. I’ve set it up at full resolution but it lacks definition and looks a bit blurry and low resolution even though it reports 4K. Is it just the fact it’s a budget camera/drone?

JohnIMG_4962.png

Try shooting on a sunny day (it looks pretty cloudy there). The brighter the day- usually the better the shots.

Hi,

Its not a stupid question, I did take a few shots before I realised but the question was posed after I saw it. I must say the more recent videos I took today were much better and more like the youtube reviews. Im now using a SD card and recording to the card directly so this might also help. To be honest for £150 im very happy with the drone - although it will take some time to be good at flying it.

Interestingly someone on my local FB marketplace was seeling aDJI Mini 3 pro with the integrated screen for £215 which seemed a great buy. If I enjoy the drone, one day i might get one of the DJI drone - they look good.

John

Yes, you must have an SD card inserted into the drone to record in 4k quality. Otherwise, it records the live feed, which is in 1080P. You can also go into the app settings and change the sensors and all that for the camera. I've noticed that helps sometimes. Depending on the weather and lighting situations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snooked