Holy Stone 720G - poor quality camera?

wallace4793

Reaction score
Hi,

My first post here and a new drone owner :)

I bought a drone for my boy ;-) for Xmas. I picked up a brand new 720G from Facebook (still sealed). I looked at reviews and it looked a decent beginner drone and the images looked good. I’ve set mine up a test flew it a few times and took some video and photos but I must say the quality of the images is poor. I’ve set it up at full resolution but it lacks definition and looks a bit blurry and low resolution even though it reports 4K. Is it just the fact it’s a budget camera/drone?

JohnIMG_4962.png

Try shooting on a sunny day (it looks pretty cloudy there). The brighter the day- usually the better the shots.

Hi,

Its not a stupid question, I did take a few shots before I realised but the question was posed after I saw it. I must say the more recent videos I took today were much better and more like the youtube reviews. Im now using a SD card and recording to the card directly so this might also help. To be honest for £150 im very happy with the drone - although it will take some time to be good at flying it.

Interestingly someone on my local FB marketplace was seeling aDJI Mini 3 pro with the integrated screen for £215 which seemed a great buy. If I enjoy the drone, one day i might get one of the DJI drone - they look good.

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cardweaver