Free Inspire 1*

Reaction score
Sort of, this pic is from just before it went into the drink.

It is in Lake Blalock in South Carolina. Free if you want to go swimming to find it. First uav I ever lost. And I was not even flying her.screen_fbd442690cff9518_1545682126000.jpg

thumb_7f0bfdf26dcea589_1545682732000.jpg

Attachments

• thumb_420e50ef49ac85cd_1545682432000.jpg
    thumb_420e50ef49ac85cd_1545682432000.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1
Not sure. The account was relayed to me. I was a hundred yards away flying my M2P. Documenting the completion of a new home my brother built on the lake. My brother said he was bringing it in. And approximately 10 foot from the dock it darted toward him and just dropped. He pushed up on the sticks. It tilted sideways. And into the drink. The lady with him corroborated the account. Telemetry and video showed it hitting about 8 foot from the dock. He jumped in to try and find it. No luck it is still there.

Really sad, it was my first drone that I ever purchased. For ease of use. I actually recommend it as a first drone to people.

There was nothing. It literally looked perfect right up until it went haywire. And my brother while no where near the air time I have, had plenty of hours under his belt.

Other than low battery indicating. Which I set at 25%. He was bringing it in when it happened. No electrical lines near. The community has all utilities underground. He was never within 20 feet of anything like a tree. The dock is well out in the water. Further than the one pictured across the cove. Temperature was in the 60's. Farenheit for those that are not in the US. The sky was clear. Almost a perfect day for flying. He never went above 283'. And never flew further than 612' away. He was basically just looking at his property. It was an v1. And the battery was a TB47. But meticulously cared for. It was at 67 cycles. I have written logs on batteries. Because I flew Yuneec and others that do not keep that information.

Other than sh!t happens. I wish I knew. As I am winnowing down my drones to two permanent. And one rotating. I would like to avoid this ever happening again. The drones I am keeping cost more.

Have you had someone look at the DAT file who analyzes them? To see if, for sure, it was no stick movement, no faults etc?

No- I did a cursory check. And my brother an hour in freezing water I wrote it off. Fortunately I am able to indulge the hobby. So just bought another one. I actually gave it too my brother. The next he loses, should it happen; will be his own.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sorry to hear that. I’m sure your brother felt worse.

He did. And he offered to replace it in fact. I told him not to worry about it. Accidents happen. Whether his fault or the drone did not change it. It very well could have happened if I had been flying it. Anyone flying has an issue here and there. At least it was an I1v1. Relatively cheap to replace.

He did. And he offered to replace it in fact. I told him not to worry about it. Accidents happen. Whether his fault or the drone did not change it. It very well could have happened if I had been flying it. Anyone flying has an issue here and there. At least it was an I1v1. Relatively cheap to replace.
Sorry for mishap,hey tank dive for it,,I would love a free inspire wet or dry,,I'm in NZ or I be in there,,yes can happen anytime anywhere but that s a bummer,,
Not cheap to replace here

Sorry for mishap,hey tank dive for it,,I would love a free inspire wet or dry,,I'm in NZ or I be in there,,yes can happen anytime anywhere but that s a bummer,,
Not cheap to replace here

It is why I said relatively cheap. An I1 on the Inspire page today can be had for 400 US dollars. Just the bird. You can find them on Craigslist and other similar sites for 6 to 8 hundred USD. That is a full X3 kit. The M2P I fly most. Just the replacement bird is more. My Matrice I bought used and got a deal. Cost a whole more.

And there is a sharp drop off. It goes from about 5' at the edge of the dock. To about 9' out. To 16' drop off at 12' out. The current and momentum seems to have carried it out at least that far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy