FIMI X8 Pro

I purchased my X8 Pro from the Official Fimi Store also. Unfortunately my interactions with FIMI left me with little confidence in ANY after sales support that couldn't be corrected without sending the unit back to FIMI.

I purchased my X8 Pro from the Official Fimi Store also. Unfortunately my interactions with FIMI left me with little confidence in ANY after sales support that couldn't be corrected without sending the unit back to FIMI.
i was thinking of purchasing tx10a controller and Plus battery(mid April 2024)but decided to wait till remote id issue is resolved 🙄

Yeah, I'm sort of in the same position. I recently performed a range test of my X8 Pro. I flew across a valley from a high hill with a full battery and the speed control set in the middle (normal) position. My X8 Pro flew 3.6 miles with 68% battery left and the signal between RC and drone was full strength (5 bars) most of the way. It only dipped to 80% (4 bars) a few times but never any lower. I feel like my X8 Pro could have traveled 7 - 9 miles without losing signal and with enough battery to make it back. My X8 Pro out performed my DJI Mini 3 as far as signal strength and remaining battery percentage at the same distance. My Mini was down to 1 & 2 bars signal strength and 57% battery at 3.6 miles. I'm really impressed with the X8 Pro but as time moves forward and the FAA starts getting more serious about punishing idiots doing stupid crap with their UAV's, not having proper remote ID could become much more serious than it already is.

Reactions: nexy56
Well I think I'm through with FIMI. My TX10A just got an update and it appears to have messed up the drone/RC link. The drone link connects then drops out over and over. It won't stay connected long enough to even take off. My X8 2022 v2 seems okay but I sure wish I hadn't downloaded that last update.
It shouldn't be this problematic to own and operate a drone. I loved this drone and wanted it to work out. But support for hardware issues is too expensive and problematic to receive.
I'll post any updates in the event this somehow corrects itself or the even more unlikely event that FIMI will actually do something about it.

i was thinking of purchasing tx10a controller and Plus battery(mid April 2024)but decided to wait till remote id issue is resolved 🙄
I've seen pictures of the plus battery but like the 4g modules i don't think its in the wild yet

I've seen pictures of the plus battery but like the 4g modules i don't think its in the wild yet
they said mid april for battery plus,4g modul hopefully sometimes this year….they have few things to fix first(faa remote id,eu remote id,update controllers)…..amaaaazing drone,i really hope hope they fix everything before weather turns nice(lots of wind here in northeast right now )

If you want a nifty little drone with similar features the x8 pro mini v2 is a lot of fun to fly good camera 4k30 video but holding out hope like most for what they promised build quality is excellent just little software bugs letting it down

they said mid april for battery plus,4g modul hopefully sometimes this year….they have few things to fix first(faa remote id,eu remote id,update controllers)…..amaaaazing drone,i really hope hope they fix everything before weather turns nice(lots of wind here in northeast right now )
I actually ordered the X8 Pro Plus battery last week from Fimi uav store. It was $109.

I received an email from FIMI UAV stating that the batteries were on hand and tested but that they were waiting on the packaging to be delivered. They gave me the option of refund, or ship the battery in generic packaging, or wait till the packaging arrives next week.

Well I think I'm through with FIMI. My TX10A just got an update and it appears to have messed up the drone/RC link. The drone link connects then drops out over and over. It won't stay connected long enough to even take off. My X8 2022 v2 seems okay but I sure wish I hadn't downloaded that last update.
It shouldn't be this problematic to own and operate a drone. I loved this drone and wanted it to work out. But support for hardware issues is too expensive and problematic to receive.
I'll post any updates in the event this somehow corrects itself or the even more unlikely event that FIMI will actually do something about it.
+UPDATE+
I performed a factory reset on my TX10A Remote Controller and ignored the firmware update prompt. Unfortunately the results were the same. The drone/RC link kept cycling on and off over and over.
I was prepared to ship drone and RC back to China at a cost of over $80 which is something I shouldn't have to do.
However, in a last ditch attempt, I decided to download and reinstall all of the firmware updates and try one last time to get the drone to work correctly. Much to my amazement, it appears to have resolved the problem!
I believe the problem was caused by a firmware update that didn't install properly. Because the issue started with the first attempted flight after the update. Needless to say, I am happy that my X8 Pro is once again functioning correctly. However my faith in the FIMI brand is still not very good.
Chinese manufacturers take advantage of the fact that the expense and multitude of potential customs pitfalls of shipping products back to China will prevent most people from returning goods for repair.
It seems that FIMI is one of these companies. Obviously FIMI can't control Chinese customs policies and the Fimi brand likely doesn't generate enough sales and profits in the U.S. to justify the expense of maintaining a repair/warranty service center in the here.
I guess this is the trade off for buying less expensive drones from smaller Chinese companies. Fimi definitely needs to tighten their quality control. Although I really like the X8 Pro, I don't know if I will ever buy a Fimi drone again. If I do, I definitely will not buy a new model drone until it's been out for at least a year. My X8se 2022 has always worked flawlessly. It seems Fimi rushed the X8 Pro to market while it was still in the beta stage of development.

+UPDATE+
I performed a factory reset on my TX10A Remote Controller and ignored the firmware update prompt. Unfortunately the results were the same. The drone/RC link kept cycling on and off over and over.
I was prepared to ship drone and RC back to China at a cost of over $80 which is something I shouldn't have to do.
However, in a last ditch attempt, I decided to download and reinstall all of the firmware updates and try one last time to get the drone to work correctly. Much to my amazement, it appears to have resolved the problem!
I believe the problem was caused by a firmware update that didn't install properly. Because the issue started with the first attempted flight after the update. Needless to say, I am happy that my X8 Pro is once again functioning correctly. However my faith in the FIMI brand is still not very good.
Chinese manufacturers take advantage of the fact that the expense and multitude of potential customs pitfalls of shipping products back to China will prevent most people from returning goods for repair.
It seems that FIMI is one of these companies. Obviously FIMI can't control Chinese customs policies and the Fimi brand likely doesn't generate enough sales and profits in the U.S. to justify the expense of maintaining a repair/warranty service center in the here.
I guess this is the trade off for buying less expensive drones from smaller Chinese companies. Fimi definitely needs to tighten their quality control. Although I really like the X8 Pro, I don't know if I will ever buy a Fimi drone again. If I do, I definitely will not buy a new model drone until it's been out for at least a year. My X8se 2022 has always worked flawlessly. It seems Fimi rushed the X8 Pro to market while it was still in the beta stage of development.
question,when you connect tx10a to tv using hdmi do you get drone camera view with telemetry or “clear “ view without telemetry?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diomc