FIMI PRODUCTS

BMW DRONER

Reaction score
Please note that the FIMI TX10, TX10A, the FIMI X8 SE 2022 V2, and the FIMI X8 PRO are all out of compliance. They claim that it has and support REMOTE ID but it doesn't. As we know Federal Law requires that UAV pilots must have this Feature. However, FIMI drones are not recognized by the FAA, nor are you able to register the drone in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA as having REMOTE ID. Please don't get caught flying this heavy drone without registration. This can cost you anywhere from $1000.00 to $100,000.00 fine or time in jail depending on the nature of your violation. Fimi has lied to us all. This is extremely disappointing. Total dishonesty and false advertising.

You can buy and fly at your own risk.

I agree with you on the quadcopters not being in compliance, and agree it's frustrating, misleading, and false advertising. I'm curious though about why you state the TX10 and TX10A are out of compliance? The transmitters don't require Remote ID. Are they not FCC compliant?

-Rod

Hi, the drone and the controller has to be in sync so that the current location of the pilot can be obtained if the drone was to be zapped (so to speak) by law enforcement.

I was going to challenge this since add-on Remote ID modules are available to supposedly bring a non-RID aircraft into compliance. But after reviewing the FAA site it does seem to suggest that an aircraft with build-in RID also transmits the control station location. For the add-on modules it apparently needs to be able to report the take-off location. Another thing I found interesting in reviewing that site as well as the code for RID, it reads as if an aircraft with compliant built-in RID does not need to remain within VLOS. I thought all remote aircraft flight had to be within VLOS.

-Rod

Reactions: Brutalwarpig
Yep I posted something similar. The X8SE 2022 received the Declaration of Compliance 7 days ago.
Thank you guys for sharing. Please be advised that the Fimi X8 SE 2022 is a different drone model from the Fimi X8 SE 2022 V2 and is also different from the Fimi X8 PRO. That is 3 different models requiring specific registration. If you look at the way that way Dji and other drone models are you would understand. Obviously, if your drone didn't prompt you for a firmware update that registration is not for your model. Please be aware.

Ahh, good observation. But it's still encouraging that hopefully the other Fimi quads won't be too far behind.

-Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diomc