Fimi (awful) experience feedback

olivierH78

Reaction score
hi all,

Just to share with you my personal experience with Fimi products and support. In July I ordered a Fimi Mini3 drone and get it 2 weeks later. At first everything was fine, performances (flight, video) were quite good given the tag price. Since day1 I noticed some issues during the gimbal initialization process when powering on the drone. After one or two reboot It went fine. But things started to getting worse and after 4/5 flights and no damage on the drone the gimbal didn’t stabilize anymore resulting in very shacky/ususable videos. I tried many reboots without success and gimbal calibration failed continuously. I googled and found videos on YouTube of users having the exact same issue on previous fimi’s models.
I‘ve contacted fimi’s to get support from them and it was the beginning of descent into hell… they asked for videos and pictures which I sent. They then asked for Blackbox that should be fetched by plugging the drone to a computer through a usb cable… but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried on 3 different computers (windows, mac) with 4 different usb cables… Without blackbox fimi said I have to send it back to them and have to pay for the shipping. Given the fact that the drone is dysfunctional and the data requested cannot be retrieved by the drone I asked for a refund… It’s been almost now and after many mails exchanged still no progress. To make it even worse they just reset my support request sending me their generic email requesting for images/blackbox. They’re driving me crazy!

By the way I posted a review on Fimi’s website to share my feedback (positive on the drone performances and negative on its robustness) and I was censored… not very fair if posting a review that doesn’t put 5 stars is not allowed...

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Does anyone successfully get access to the blackbox file?

they are liars,old x8 se got remote id,they said new x8pro was applied for remote id but year later there is still nothing,now the newest x8tele drone is out and is already remote id approved in usa…that means they lied and never applied x8pro for remote id in usa,they sold TX10A remote control for 200$ and it doesnt work,app needs video transsmision update,fimi promised to fix that problem7-8 months ago,still nothing,they advertised x8pro,now x8tele and mini 3se as 4G ready,they said we will be able to buy optional module and use it where there is a lot of signal interference…a year later they still dont have module ready for sale,i was told they dont make them at all….fimi support is not helpfull and it looks to me their whole mission is to make quick buck

Last edited:
also i dont think they have capability to produce/make different drone models at the same time,right now x8pro and x8tele are “sold out” but you can purchase mini 3 and now new mini 3se,once they switch production back to x8tele all other drones will be set as “sold out” and so on….fimi should really fire people that are in charge of this s***show….i was actually waiting for” fimi x8 enterprise “ ,their most expensive drone ,to come out,whatever the cost i was ready to buy it….not anymore,no more fimi products for me

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viajero5