Circumventing height limitations on the Potensic app.

ThirdHorizon

Reaction score
So I'm new to Potensic. Usually, (well always) I flew Hubsons.
I'm just wondering if there is a way similar to a DJI drone where we can bypass the height limitations. I live in Indianapolis. Indiana is reeeally flat so I can fly line of sight over bean fields for miles, but I'd like to get higher when I'm out in the middle of nowhere( the limitation on the app is currently capped at 395 ft., which is fine when I'm flying in the city. I was just wondering if anybody knows of any way to bypass the height cap. Usually everything I look for gives results for DJI, DJI, and DJI! Well, I definitely don't give a sh*t about DJI. I have a Potensic Atom SE w/ Pixsync. A brand new little baby. It hasn't been out for very long, so I'm trying to find information that's apparently beyond the norm. It is difficult. I know absolutely nothing about this company, but I do like the drone, soooo anything you know, I'll soak it up! (this probably isn't relevant, but this drone uses the two ghz range, not 5. Also, its not Wi-Fi. It's a cable connector from the TX to the phone..
Thanks for reading this, I'm hoping for some valuable input.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's against FAA regulations for any recreational pilot to exceed 400 feet above ground level. If you have a Part 107 license, you can apply for an exemption from the FAA but you would also need a more professional quality drone that can be programmed to exceed typical geofencing limits (like a DJI Inspire). All Potensics, like most hobby-level UAVs, cannot be flown above 400 feet from its takeoff point.

Probably for the best, since it can get pretty windy at high altitude and you wouldn't want your Flightelf to be spirited away. It's a capable little flyer, but wind-resistance is sacrificed for it's sub-250 gram spec.

I am also interested in increasing the height limit (obviously only where and when it is legal to do so).
I have a potensic dreamer pro. It seems the height and distance limit for my drone is saved on the drone itself. It is not in the "shared preferences" of the android app. (There is some reference to the 2000m distance limit, but changing it does nothing). Pairing the same drone to a different remote control and phone picks up the previously saved values (height and distance) from the same drone.

On the main pcb I can see what looks like unsoldered usb and serial headers, which might open up these values or some sort of debug mode. But my hopes are not high for this

Whether you are "out in the boonies" or the middle of a city in the US, the altitude limit is STILL 400 feet AGL. Aircraft still fly "out in the middle of nowhere" especially aircraft like crop dusters and recreational pilots (real pilots like me) flying light civils. If you are going to fly your drone, you need to fly it responsibly and legally.

Reactions: martyzion
Sorry guys but it appears all three of us are at the wrong place. Like no one here has ever broken a rule it appears.

I have the Atom SE as well and searching for the same thing. Closest I can find is nolimitdronez.com From what I've been able to learn, in our specific drone, we would have to hack the operating system store on the drone itself to circumvent the limitations and that is way out of my knowledge. This is why I've started building my own drone. Nobody restricting anything on it. I bought it, I built it, and I darn sure will fly it how and where I choose.

With that said, I will at least find unpopulated areas well away from cities or airports

Hope this was at least a attempt at answering the question you actually had instead of just telling you what you can't do cause you aren't "real pilots". Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: misterred28
And sorry if I offended anyone. Those guys had questions and the nice thing would of been to tell them what info you had on the subject they asked about and then politely remind them of the restriction. No one but me even attempted to answer them.

I know FAA rules are there to protect real aircraft. If a bird can bring down a jet I know a drone can. Still, common curtsey would have been to try honestly answering the questions before pushing your beliefs down there throats.

I hope this doesn't ban me from this board. I just felt those guys deserved a answer not a quote from some rule book that did nothing to answer them

Reactions: N1P and misterred28
I have a potenics dreamer mini Non gps and it only goes 10m smh I just want 150m at least….drone goes almost 1000ft outward but only set a limit of 10m up so you wouldn’t lose it? U could easily lose at the range distance they have it on …I had a akaso ufo a31 and it had no restrictions and no gps …had the thing so high I could barely see it and had no problems with it …loved that drone only paid 60 bucks for it ….my question is how do I bypass level restriction? Reprogram it or put different board in it ?

I have a potenics dreamer mini Non gps and it only goes 10m smh I just want 150m at least….drone goes almost 1000ft outward but only set a limit of 10m up so you wouldn’t lose it? U could easily lose at the range distance they have it on …I had a akaso ufo a31 and it had no restrictions and no gps …had the thing so high I could barely see it and had no problems with it …loved that drone only paid 60 bucks for it ….my question is how do I bypass level restriction? Reprogram it or put different board in it ?
In your Potensic M2 app at the top of the screen select settings (it's a gear icon). Under 'parameter settings' you can change the maximum flight altitude to anything up to the maximum of 150 meters. If you're flying in the US I would advise not exceeding 130 meters of flight altitude.

In your Potensic M2 app at the top of the screen select settings (it's a gear icon). Under 'parameter settings' you can change the maximum flight altitude to anything up to the maximum of 150 meters. If you're flying in the US I would advise not exceeding 130 meters of flight altitude.
Mine does not have a parameter settings just tells firmware update and info and lets me change from mode 1 to mode 2

I would just like to point out that the FAA regulations do NOT apply to areas outside of the continental US so these limitations in such areas, especially those considered to be very remote (i.e. - no crop dusters in sight) can be somewhat annoying and pointless depending on what the operator is trying to achieve/photograph.

Reactions: walran63
Mine does not have a parameter settings just tells firmware update and info and lets me change from mode 1 to mode 2
My mistake, I see now you have a Dreamer mini, not a Dreamer. I'm not familiar with the app for the mini.

I would just like to point out that the FAA regulations do NOT apply to areas outside of the continental US so these limitations in such areas, especially those considered to be very remote (i.e. - no crop dusters in sight) can be somewhat annoying and pointless depending on what the operator is trying to achieve/photograph.
Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy