Cannot connect hs700d to wifi

its tim

Reaction score
HS700d w/2k ( not 4K )

Tried connecting with Ophelia gps
Tried connecting with Opelia go
I AM turning on Holy Stone wifi before attempt connect

Orient/calibrate system before connect attempt

It was funny, on one call to customer service, the Lady told me (855-888-6699) " you have to be in airplane mode "before" you try to connect to the drone...

Drone works great otherwise ..... REALLY Good !

Any ideas or obvious overlooks here ?

If your phone does not have a 5GHz Wi Fi that is why. If its 2.4 GHz it wont work

This is what your phone has to have in its specs
  • Wi-Fi
    802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5GHz

Thank you for your reply. My phone is an LG K40. It has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot,

I am using Ophelia GPS
I am syncing and turning on all systems before wifi attempt
Last thing I do is change wifi setting to the Holystone one from the app
...try to connect and...nada, Says "airplane not connected" in the red box
Drone response beautifully with HH controller.

Tried the whole sequence on my wife's phone too....same result.

No...I do not have phone in airplane mode. I didnt think you can get a wifi signal if its in airplane mode. Funny you say that tho, the call center told me to put it in airplane mode.

did you try there suggestion.And is your wifes phone the same model phone? Does the Holy stone show on your list of available WI FI connections

yes...holystone shows on my wifi list. and i switch to it. I've tried Ophelia go and gps. I ordered a replacement camera cord from HS thinking, just maybe....

I would try the phone with no sim card in it.Make sure your holy stone appt is completely closed and re open it to.

both phones are similar. I'm going to go to the phone store and see if its 5ghz capable. I will try without simcard but....shouldn't have to do that ....right?

No you should not i did that because i wanted to use it just for the drone.I do have android 10 you have 9

IEEE 802.11ac-2013 or 802.11ac is a wireless networking standard in the 802.11 set of protocols (which is part of the Wi-Fi networking family), providing high-throughput wireless local area networks (WLANs) on the 5 GHz band. The standard has been retroactively labelled as Wi-Fi 5 by Wi-Fi Alliance. The specification has multi-station throughput of at least 1.1 gigabit per second (1.1 Gbit/s) and sin

yes. I need a new phone anyway. I'll just upgrade a bit. What should I ask for ?

Suggestion get the one i got if you can.Nice big screen and i new it worked with the drone.A fellow droner has the same phone and its a good price.I payed $100 for it

Read some reviews on the app. One guy said the original version v3.0.5 worked great then they upgraded to 3.0.9 and his does what mine does....nothing now.

I scanned the QR code in the manual....and it wont connect. "sleeping satelite" icon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric