Brand New LaTrax (Traxxas) Alias Pilot Here

Wingless

Reaction score
Greetings from the great state of Texas.

Got a new UAV on an impulse buy. I'm looking forward to learning to fly this and flying with my grandson.

I had so much trouble with my initial flights that I bought Liftoff ($20 drone simulator on Steam, on sale till 1/2/20 for $15 if anyone's interested) to help make my learning curve less expensive.

I tried flying indoors. After bouncing off the ceiling twice and crashing on my computer desk I took my Alias outdoors in a light drizzle. Even on the beginner mode (it has 4 modes) this thing is scary fast and shoots up like a rocket.

The next day I went to fly again and found that one of the motors was not responding. I took it back to the hobby shop and they found that three(!) of the motors weren't responding. Replacing the motors didn't fix the issue, so the shopkeeper took it back to Traxxas for (probably) a mainboard (flight controller?) replacement under warranty. It's probably my fault, flying in the drizzle, and I was quite up front about that, but he took it as a warranty repair.

So this is me and my first week in the hobby. Happy New Year (National Hangover Day!) everyone!

My background is I'm a tech nerd. I've rooted many of my phones, work in IT, and have my Amateur Radio Operator license.

I forgot to mention, I also have 2 3D printers, one FDM and one MSLA (resin) printer.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Check out the list and give us your review on what you have .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . (y)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redelheit