Lielauce manor in 17th century was owned by Duke of Courland and Semigallia Friedrich Kettler who in 1624 together with all his court lived in the manor. Current manor building is built in the beginning of 19th century when it was bought by von Medem family. At the end of the 19th. century property was bought by count von Pahlen as his summer residence. During Christmas of 1900 manor building was heavily damaged by fire. In 1901 restoration works started. As a result building got more Neo - Classical appearance. After Latvian agrarian reforms of 1920 manor building was used as a school. Today building is owned by Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies. Interiors are preserved in several rooms.