Sharpen you flying skills

RoadKing

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
Flying a quad can be fun. I fly recreationally and professionally as a Certified sUAS pilot. Up until now I've been mostly flying my DJI Phantom which is a great machine and allows for a serious yet relaxed experience.

I recently became involved in freestyle flying, both FPV and LOS. It's a whole new experience and quite intense, but also fun. It has really taken my flying skills to a new level.

Working a freestyle quad requires constant stick movement, quad fine tuning and maintenance. There's no GPS so even hovering takes work.

If you enjoy flying and are thinking of expanding your horizons (yes, pun intended), I encourage you to consider FPV. You can easily get started with a very good quad, goggles and radio for under $300. A big bonus is that the quads can be very light, so other than common sense no rules apply (under .55 lbs/250 grms). You can fly anywhere, even in your house.

I'm still in the beginner category, but flying my Phantom started to get played out, and FPV has gotten me excited again.

If you're interested, there's plenty of resources to help get you going.

Happy flying!

Reactions: Ansia and BigAl07
Just watch out for those **** Poles though .;)

Reactions: RoadKing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric