Remote ID

STM

Reaction score
You knew it is coming. In just over a month all Drone manufacturers are going to be required to build Remote ID hardware into their drones. A year after that, ALL drones must have either the built in hardware or a Remote ID "module" attached to their drone if they weigh more than 250g or are under 250gr but flown under Part 107. Drones under 250g will not be required to have it, as long as they are only flown under 44809. Remote ID, weather it is built in or an add on, will broadcast operator (home) location, drone altitude, velocity and position and time mark. Built in ones will also broadcast emergency condition (RTH due to low battery or broken contact, etc). My Dreamer 4K weighs in excess of 800gm so it will definitely need one. It is registered and the registration number clearly marked on the underside front of the drone.

I see very little positive about this latest Big Brother attempt to track us. If you have been flying drones for any period of time, you have probably been harassed by some low information Karen that you can't fly that here (even though you know you are absolutely legal to do so). Any Karen with the appropriate app on their phone will be able to see where you are. I see the incidence of harassment to only increase. If you are flying outside the Part 107 guidelines, then their gripe might be warranted. But what about the rest of us who are doing everything within regs? Are te going to enact laws to prevent drone operators from being harassed by Karens? I doubt it.

What are your thoughts on this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy