Re-calibrate necessary?

Quickon2

Reaction score
I'm a new member to this forum and new to piloting drones. I have a new HS720E that I am taking out on it's maiden voyage tomorrow morning and I have one question. Does the drone need to be re-calibrated (3 horizontal, 3 vertical) with each battery change?

Not sure what drone you have ..Holy Stone..? Holy Stone Drones
Welcome to the forum 👍

I have a Holy Stone HS720 and have to do the re-calibrate thing each time I use it or the symbol on the controller keeps blinking , plus Holy Stone told me to do this to make sure the drone is properly calibrated to the controller

Reactions: dirkclod
I have a 720E and I do not calibrate it every time. That said, I generally fly from the same place, off the deck of my house. When I start it up I do not get the calibration symbol. If I fly from a different location, I do calibrate.

I have always wondered why the drone needs to be re-calibrated? Both the drone and the phone have GPS. At what point does the drone use the earth's magnetic fields to navigate? Nowhere do I see any control that will move the drone N, S, E, or W and I assume the return to home function follows the GPS back to the starting position.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy