Questions about drone piloting as a career

ja515y

Reaction score
Hello. Let me start off by saying that I am completely new to drones. I know nothing about it nor have a flown one. I'm a 43 year old who works for a small business that will probably be closing its doors very soon. So I need to switch gears. This came on my radar a couple years ago when there was a course at a local community college. That course in no longer available, but I thought it might be a good fit since I am a lifelong gamer. I'm used to having a controller in my hand and have always enjoyed flying helicopters and stuff in games. I know it's more that that. Right now I'm trying to find out if it's even a viable career choice.
Is it easy to get a job in this field?
Does it pay?
I've heard about the need to get a certification (107?) Is this the only cert you need to do it professionally? Do I need to take a course or can I learn on my own. I don't own a computer so zoom classes would be a problem. I do obviously have a phone, so watching youtube and looking things up online is do- able. I would actually prefer in- person lessons, but that is seemingly difficult to find in my area.
Any other info or resources would be appriciated.

I've heard about the need to get a certification (107?) Is this the only cert you need to do it professionally?

I am a part 107 Licensed Drone Pilot,

If you want to do anything other than fly drones for fun as a Recreational Pilot, you must also get a Part 107 License and that license will allow you to fly drones in a commercial operation (for money…).

I enrolled in the Pilot Institutes Part 107 Commercial Drone License Course. The course is $175 and they guarantee you will pass or your money back. The enrollment is "lifetime" and you can log back on anytime to stay current with the changing rules and laws. I aced the Exam with the Part 107 exam with a 100% and I can only say great things about the course. They also offer other courses on many different aspects of Drone operation and some are Free…

To get your Part 107 License you are required to take a 60-question Exam in a controlled environment at an approved testing facility. The cost of this exam is also $175 and passing is 70%. If you fail, the fee is not refunded. You may retest in 2-weeks and that test will also cost you $175.

The Exam is all multiple-choice questions, there is no skills test, and you do not have to even be able to fly a drone to get the license. However, knowing how to fly a drone makes understanding the concepts easier to understand.

There are numerous ways to acquire the knowledge to pass the exam. As I wrote, I took the PI Course, and I endorse that method. However, many, many other folks have passed the exam simply by viewing various YouTube Videos, many have also studied the various books published on the subject, and there are other On-Line courses available for a price. You have to decide what is the best for you. I would also recommend you check for drone courses at your local colleges again, it is getting more and more popular and they want to cash in…

Since you do not have a drone nor a computer, you might want to visit your local library with a set of headphones or earbuds and Google all of this and watch a bunch of YouTube Videos.

Studying for the course on a smart phone is exceedingly difficult, I would recommend you buy a used computer or tablet that you can cruise the Internet for more information…

Here are two other web sites I recommend you join for more information…

Good Luck!

I am a part 107 Licensed Drone Pilot,

If you want to do anything other than fly drones for fun as a Recreational Pilot, you must also get a Part 107 License and that license will allow you to fly drones in a commercial operation (for money…).

I enrolled in the Pilot Institutes Part 107 Commercial Drone License Course. The course is $175 and they guarantee you will pass or your money back. The enrollment is "lifetime" and you can log back on anytime to stay current with the changing rules and laws. I aced the Exam with the Part 107 exam with a 100% and I can only say great things about the course. They also offer other courses on many different aspects of Drone operation and some are Free…

To get your Part 107 License you are required to take a 60-question Exam in a controlled environment at an approved testing facility. The cost of this exam is also $175 and passing is 70%. If you fail, the fee is not refunded. You may retest in 2-weeks and that test will also cost you $175.

The Exam is all multiple-choice questions, there is no skills test, and you do not have to even be able to fly a drone to get the license. However, knowing how to fly a drone makes understanding the concepts easier to understand.

There are numerous ways to acquire the knowledge to pass the exam. As I wrote, I took the PI Course, and I endorse that method. However, many, many other folks have passed the exam simply by viewing various YouTube Videos, many have also studied the various books published on the subject, and there are other On-Line courses available for a price. You have to decide what is the best for you. I would also recommend you check for drone courses at your local colleges again, it is getting more and more popular and they want to cash in…

Since you do not have a drone nor a computer, you might want to visit your local library with a set of headphones or earbuds and Google all of this and watch a bunch of YouTube Videos.

Studying for the course on a smart phone is exceedingly difficult, I would recommend you buy a used computer or tablet that you can cruise the Internet for more information…

Here are two other web sites I recommend you join for more information…

Good Luck!
Great! thank you for the response. Good info.

Reactions: LoudThunder

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snooked