Quad Blade Letters and Numbers

jftman

Reaction score
I have crashed my AE86 PRO MAX Plus after a low battery warning and want to do what I can to not get caught again.
Right now I am waiting for a 20 piece set of blades. (NOT AWARE where in USA to buy these).
On the blades are A1 A2 B1 B2.
I know the rotation direction and leading edge correspondence.
I have read that the letters must be used and the numbers can be mostly? Disregarded.

So, after the crash I ended up with a B1-B2 on the SAME spindle. I fixed all damage to the Drone body, and with the B1-B2 IN place lifted off and held just above the table.
All He** broke out when a single or multiple blades came apart. Three pairs was the final result after colliding with the neighbor spindles.

Funny thing is the B1-B2 was not damaged.
I suspect that the hubs were damaged from the original crash. Hence the flying off as the hub pieces are the only thing left attached.

I also may have over tightened any of the pairs I could reuse from the crash. Mainly my questions here are these.
1. Can the numbers be mixed as long as the letters are in the right place on a single blade pair?
2. Should I always turn off wifi and auto connect in range on the transmitter?
I calibrate the gyros, and lock satellites on both drone and transmitter and the transmitter screen says, device connected in GPS mode.

I worry that with wifi turned on that this switches and I loose GPS connectivity and the Drone gets confused.
The Drone speed way up doing spirals and came down like a WW2 JAP ZERO after being wacked! Just lucky it landed near my house.
Thanks in advance for sticking with my post.
1000011346.jpg1000011337.jpg1000011335.jpg

Oh dear. So many problems.
First, a low battery warning means land immediately. Don't even think of carrying on flying.

Second, matching of both letters and numbers on the blades is vital. The letter indicates direction of rotation and the number the property of the airfoil. If the numbers don't match then one blade will lift more than the other, causing a massive vibration.

Third, don't buy a drone unless you know that spares are available.

Fourth. Follow the instructions in the manual. If they don't tell you to switch off wifi then don't do it.

Fifth. A transmitter with built-in GPS is not going to compensate for mismatched blades.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewdavidjones96