OG Holy Stone newbie

Bagman51

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me in!
First time drone owner from Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to sharing and receiving info from the group. I have an HS720e with control issues that has been replaced for free by HS!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Check out the list and give us your review on what you have .👍👍

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks for letting me in!
First time drone owner from Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to sharing and receiving info from the group. I have an HS720e with control issues that has been replaced for free by HS!
I'm new to this forum myself.

I have two Holy Stone drones, and HS110D, and an HS120D. Both are great for the price.

What kind of control issues did you have?

Thx!

TCS

Loss of control and communication on 2 of these 720e drones. The first one had 4 fly aways (with damage) with any contol stick input after auto take off button pushed. Drone hovered and held position until sticks were moved. HS replaced this one for free (thanks!) and the second one seemed good on a short test flight. Took it out yesterday and had a flawless 3-4 minute flight. Whoo hoo! Brought it back with RTH and it landed about 2 meters from take off spot. Launched from that spot and flight was normal still, until about 30 seconds in then controls were unresponsive. (Note: All control inputs were using the remote, not the app). Control inputs were lost (15 meters up and 20 meters away) and drone flew in a huge circle and crashed into a tree top and fell breaking 2 legs.

Loss of control and communication on 2 of these 720e drones. The first one had 4 fly aways (with damage) with any contol stick input after auto take off button pushed. Drone hovered and held position until sticks were moved. HS replaced this one for free (thanks!) and the second one seemed good on a short test flight. Took it out yesterday and had a flawless 3-4 minute flight. Whoo hoo! Brought it back with RTH and it landed about 2 meters from take off spot. Launched from that spot and flight was normal still, until about 30 seconds in then controls were unresponsive. (Note: All control inputs were using the remote, not the app). Control inputs were lost (15 meters up and 20 meters away) and drone flew in a huge circle and crashed into a tree top and fell breaking 2 legs.
Wow, that's not good.

I've noticed that some drones are much more sensitive to the antenna position on the remote than others. Possible problem?

I had another Holy Stone drone, the HS260, which was so underpowered that it couldn't get out of it's own way. That could be due to my elevation, 5300 ft MSL. But in any event, I sent it back.

That's why I buy from Amazon whenever possible. Zero hassle returns!

In general I'm pretty happy with Holy Stone drones.

Thx,

TCS

I agree it might be an antenna problem. I am working on a controller mod using a router modem antenna in place of the original one. 9323D7D4-1CC4-49D4-B8CD-F879AC8BF766.jpegBA812729-BB6A-4D03-B0C0-AB80674A6F03.jpeg

Wow, I wasn't thinking of anything that drastic!

In addition to my Holy Stones, I have a bunch of DJI drones, including every version of the Mini made so far.

With both the Mini-1 and the Mini-SE, if you get more than 1000 ft away, you need to be very careful to keep the antenna actually pointed at the aircraft when you're flying, or the control signal can suddenly fail.

With the Mini-2, the antenna position mostly doesn't matter until you get out to 3000 ft, as long as there are no VLOS obstructions. Like, say, a house! That's what Occusync does for you.

The weather here has been crummy enough that I haven't been able to fly either my HS110D or my HS120D outside yet, but after yet another storm that's passing through today and tomorrow, the warming/wind trends are looking better, so I fully expect to be able to take them both out to play soon!

:)

TCS

3000’ is good but aren’t you BLOS 🤔
Lets stay with in the laws guys 👍

3000’ is good but aren’t you BLOS 🤔
Lets stay with in the laws guys 👍
You can see an Arc V strobe on the butt of a Mini for a long, long way.

Not even counting the Arc X that I have on one of my Minis...

I'm a huge believer in strobes for maintaining VLOS.

TCS

Reactions: dirkclod
I have an HS 600 and fly it all the time, my father-in-law has the same drone. The first issue I see is don't try to fly without the app you won't have GPS, and using the auto takeoff and RTH causes the drone to fly pretty high up as the lowest setting is 30m or 100 feet and if you leave it at default it's 100m or 328 feet. I watched another guy play with his controller without ever reading the instructions pushed the RTH it flew straight up 300 feet and into overhanging trees. I tried the RTH at the lowest setting in a field and it was pretty windy made it difficult to return home at that height, I manually lowered the drone to fly back. Flying in a circle sounds like the auto circle setting was activated. Just giving some suggestions as to what may have happened since it's two different drones. As far as the range I can fly as far as I can see and have had zero range issues no matter where the antennas are pointed. The HS600 is very close to the 720.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rick1