No Password on Drone's WiFi signal

Noital

Reaction score
My drone (HS720G) has no PW on the wifi. If I fly with just the controller, can somebody else connect to the drone wifi and open the App an use it?

My question was about using the app. You know the one where you can see the drone camera view. What stops someone from connecting to the drone wifi even if they don't have the App?

Theoretically yes. But without using the right app what would they achieve? Just 'connecting' can't do anything except prevent you from connecting.

can somebody else connect to the drone wifi and open the App an use it?
I do not think that someone even using the same app can take over your Drone. When the
App and the Drone initialize, there is some firmware "handshaking" and once that is established, it will only take inputs from the App that initialized it.

I would assume that if you flew it too far and lost control, the Drone would initiate a Return to Home.

Now, if someone was lurking in the bushes, and your drone lost controller (app) contact then maybe\...

You should get together with some friends who also are running this app and try it…

Turn off the initial App and when the drone goes into RTH, can you friend get control…

I do not have any Holy Stone flyers near me so I cannot do it, but I challenge other to try…

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snooked