No Customer Service

stephent

Reaction score
I've seen post about how good Holy Stone customer service is, however that's not my experience!
I puchased a 720G just under a year ago. I only flew it a few times and it worked well, but I'm primarily a fixed wing RC pilot. After not using it for a few months, I got it out the other day to fly it. I found the camera up and down control didn't respond. The gimbal worked fine, and I got a good image from the camera in flight, I just couldn't raise or lower the camera view.
A search on the internet suggested the software might be corrupt, so I deleted and reinstalled the Ophelia app. Same problem.
I contacted Holy Stone, who requested a short video showing the issue and the order receipt, both of which I provided.
After several email exchanges, they offered a 15% discount on a new drone via Amazon. They said they offered no repair service, parts or anything in the way of customer after sale support. They had no suggestions for resolving the problem with the camera.
I asked for the cost to replace the drone as offered, pointing out that I didn't need another case, remote control or battery.
The response was that they would not offer me a replacement drone and that I had to purchase the complete set again.

Buyer beware ans I will never do business with them again.

Reactions: Jack N Dixie
I've seen post about how good Holy Stone customer service is, however that's not my experience!
I puchased a 720G just under a year ago. I only flew it a few times and it worked well, but I'm primarily a fixed wing RC pilot. After not using it for a few months, I got it out the other day to fly it. I found the camera up and down control didn't respond. The gimbal worked fine, and I got a good image from the camera in flight, I just couldn't raise or lower the camera view.
A search on the internet suggested the software might be corrupt, so I deleted and reinstalled the Ophelia app. Same problem.
I contacted Holy Stone, who requested a short video showing the issue and the order receipt, both of which I provided.
After several email exchanges, they offered a 15% discount on a new drone via Amazon. They said they offered no repair service, parts or anything in the way of customer after sale support. They had no suggestions for resolving the problem with the camera.
I asked for the cost to replace the drone as offered, pointing out that I didn't need another case, remote control or battery.
The response was that they would not offer me a replacement drone and that I had to purchase the complete set again.

Buyer beware ans I will never do business with them again.
I never had a problem with their customer service, they always answered me via email or telephone call within 24 hrs. They replaced a HS700E that was giving me problems at no cost and they gave me a spare battery after i submitted a review of the initial purchase.

Reactions: Jack N Dixie
Thanks for your response. Yes they answered me too. They just didn't offer any support. In fact they wanted me to contribute to their profit margin by buying another complete system through Amazon when they certainly could have offered me just the drone itself at cost. They offered nothing. Their support service has obviously changed dramatically and folks should be aware before doing business with them.

I want to tell that a had a 720E that was no good right out of the box, I wrote to Holly Stone about it and put me in touch at EBay . That where I had the drone from. They asked me pack up the drone and send it to them. The day that they received it, I was refunded the purchase price. That was great customer service at its best.

Glad to hear that you were able to get a refund. I hope you reconsider the next drone's brand.

Customer service has always been good with me, but I haven't had any issue where I really needed them. On your camera issue....my HS600 did that one time and I found that if I ran the gimbal through a calibration that is fixed the exact issue you are having with the UP/DN on the camera movement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diomc