Newbie with Potensic T18 - advice needed?

Buel

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie to this forum and drones here!
I have bought and am playing with a Potensic T18 and apart from initially struggling with how to calibrate the compass(?), am enjoying it....but I have a few questions:
1. Do I need a licence?
2. I can't seem to find any literature about the 'ceiling' for how high I can take it?
3. I have tried the 'Return home' thing - bloomin' amazing....but will it navigate, say, through a gap in trees that I fly it through on the way 'out', so to speak?
4. Is there a danger of flying it 'out of range'?

Sorry for the questions.

Ooops. Didn't calibrate it and flew off today and it went off on it's own and now can't find it. ****!!

Ooops. Didn't calibrate it and flew off today and it went off on it's own and now can't find it. ****!!
I have to ask what drone was it make model please just for curiosity and answers to the questions you was asking it depends whereabouts you are in the world

I have to ask what drone was it make model please just for curiosity and answers to the questions you was asking it depends whereabouts you are in the world
Yeah sorry just seen the name of the craft you lost, oh so not too bad you haven't lost a lot, drones sometimes have a tendency to do that

Thank you very much for that, yes, £170 so not going to ruin me....but would have preferred not to have lost it.
Question - would the fact that I didn't calibrate the compass / GPS before I flew have been the reason for this? Also, it was windy.... :(

Thank you very much for that, yes, £170 so not going to ruin me....but would have preferred not to have lost it.
Question - would the fact that I didn't calibrate the compass / GPS before I flew have been the reason for this? Also, it was windy.... :(
Firstly sorry you lost £170 I was under the impression it was the £45 model so there is a bit of a kick in the teeth secondly you say it was windy look in the instructions to see what sort of wind it would have took I don't know much about that model you're talking about but a fly away where you completely lost the drone in my experience is very rare even if the compass was not calibrated you have to tell us what sort of height you was flying and did you have trouble as soon as she took off and some idea of how much wind there was but as I said a complete fly away is very unlucky, good luck next time

Hmmmm....I went to 75m altitude....it went up ok but as soon as it was up, it seemed to stop respinding to the controls. Interestingly, after 10 seconds of going straight up, the video camera stopped working and I see that the flight record stopped taking details. Apparently with these you can at least find their last coordinates but not on this run. Does this point towards anything, please?

Hmmmm....I went to 75m altitude....it went up ok but as soon as it was up, it seemed to stop respinding to the controls. Interestingly, after 10 seconds of going straight up, the video camera stopped working and I see that the flight record stopped taking details. Apparently with these you can at least find their last coordinates but not on this run. Does this point towards anything, please?
The only thing I can think of is that your take off settings we're not set correctly, when you first take off it should reach a height of between 10 and 15-ft then from there are you use your joysticks to make sure the craft is stable and receiving information afterwards you go to the heights you want and the distance you want but what happened to you sounds like you completely lost signal and your return to home was not set, but what I have to add I don't know much about your drone and can only go on what I would do hope that helps, when you get your next drone make sure you check settings in the manual then check settings again, the are some good tried and tested drones out there for just over the £100 price with great 4K cameras,, good luck

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it.

some good tried and tested drones out there for just over the £100 price with great 4K cameras,,
Really? 4K? Please can you give more details....

Thank you for the help, really appreciate it.

some good tried and tested drones out there for just over the £100 price with great 4K cameras,,
Really? 4K? Please can you give more details....
I have had one of these for a couple of years I normally fly typhoon h Pro but I keep this zlrc beast sg906 in the car and when I'm out and see a good place to fly I bring out ZLRC beast sg906 and have a good fly long battery time and great camera have a look and see what you think, it is so well made I believe you wouldn't go wrong with this as you're a beginner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric