newbie needing info

radam

Reaction score
Hello All

I have an older blade chroma with st-10+ transmitter and one battery, however I have no charger for that battery and cannot find one anywhere. I did happen to find something that I read should work. Ill paste a picture of it. Now my issue is I know nothing about this hobby and when I searched for 11.1v chargers all I could find was chargers tha accepted a different plug than whats on the adapter I found(pictured below). If anybody would be kind enough to comment a link to what I need or explain what I need I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks to anyone who see this.

Heres the adapter:

1703755311914.png1703755311914.png
edit: So ive done some more research and I dont know how I didnt find my answer sooner. However I have a new question now. I found this charger: https://www.canadahobbies.ca/produc...er/up4ac-plus-30w-multi-chemistry-ac-charger/

and am wondering if that is capable of charging a 3s1p battery (15c- not sure if thats important) the charger I linked to says it will charge 2s-4s lipo but does it matter that there are 2 banks of batteries in parallel?

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello All

I have an older blade chroma with st-10+ transmitter and one battery, however I have no charger for that battery and cannot find one anywhere. I did happen to find something that I read should work. Ill paste a picture of it. Now my issue is I know nothing about this hobby and when I searched for 11.1v chargers all I could find was chargers tha accepted a different plug than whats on the adapter I found(pictured below). If anybody would be kind enough to comment a link to what I need or explain what I need I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks to anyone who see this.

Heres the adapter:

View attachment 417View attachment 417
edit: So ive done some more research and I dont know how I didnt find my answer sooner. However I have a new question now. I found this charger: https://www.canadahobbies.ca/produc...er/up4ac-plus-30w-multi-chemistry-ac-charger/

and am wondering if that is capable of charging a 3s1p battery (15c- not sure if thats important) the charger I linked to says it will charge 2s-4s lipo but does it matter that there are 2 banks of batteries in parallel?
I am an industrial controls engineer and we have a kit at work for making that type connector. If your battery is just a regular lipo (not a "smart" battery) then a fairly wide range of lipo chargers can be addapted to charge your battery. If your battery IS a smart battery then firmware is involved and it would be a rather complex process to adapt a charger that isn't designed for your battery. If you are interested in making your own connector i can try to locate the correct information tomorrow afternoon and let you know.

I am an industrial controls engineer and we have a kit at work for making that type connector. If your battery is just a regular lipo (not a "smart" battery) then a fairly wide range of lipo chargers can be addapted to charge your battery. If your battery IS a smart battery then firmware is involved and it would be a rather complex process to adapt a charger that isn't designed for your battery. If you are interested in making your own connector i can try to locate the correct information tomorrow afternoon and let you know.
sorry just seeing this now thank you for the reply, As far as I know its just a regular lipo pack. There are 4 contacts on the battery itself. This is an ebay link to the battery I have: Battery for Blade BLH8619 BLH8660 BLH8670 Chroma Camera Drone C-Go3 4K ST-10+ | eBay

and Ill attach a picture as well. Im always up for a challenge and can be fairly handy with a soldering iron for te most part. Id love to try making my own charger, it does seem like it should be a simple thing to do. Im guessing there are 2 contacts for voltage +- and then 2 other contacts for either sensing or balancing. Ill attach a better picture of the adapter if I can find it.
chroma battery.jpg
not the best picture of the connector but you can see what I mean.
BLH8624 high current charge adapter.jpg largest picture I could find of the high current adapter showing the contacts.
original charger, battery and charge lead..jpeg
original charger and charge lead..(bottom right)
surgery.jpg
and luckily I found a picture of a dissected battery. Thanks again for the willingness to help me out eh.
looking forward to hearing what info you may be able to tell me, cheers.

It looks like this is a regular LiPo battery and charging should be fairly straightforward. To be safe, a low current charger that will trickle charge the battery is how I would approach this problem. Definitely closely monitor the battery with any improvised charging system. I'm very busy with a work project at the moment but when I get a chance I'll see if I can find some schematics for DYI chagers.

You have a 3S lipo pack (3 single cells connected in series). The magic word in charging such a battery is "balancing". If a charging voltage is simply applied to the positive and negative terminals, then the cells may charge at different rates to different final voltages. Even worse, when discharging the battery, one cell may then be exhausted early and the voltage may drop to a damaging level. To prevent this, connections are made to each end of each individual cell, so that the cells are charged equally. That is what the other lines on the charging connector are for. Because I fly various models of different sizes, I have a multipurpose charger with several connectors for 2, 3 or 4S batteries

Reactions: radam
The link below is to a web page with an excellent explanation of all things LiPo for RC hobbiest. Lipo batteries have to be charged with constant voltage and constant current. As "phph001" mentioned above, nearly all lipo batteries are comprised of two or more 3.7v cells which must be charged in a balanced way. Your battery is three 3.7v cells wired in series which is where the 11.1v rating comes from. You probably know most of this already but the article in the below link is a great source of information for any questions you may still have. I hope this is helpful.

The link below is to a web page with an excellent explanation of all things LiPo for RC hobbiest. Lipo batteries have to be charged with constant voltage and constant current. As "phph001" mentioned above, nearly all lipo batteries are comprised of two or more 3.7v cells which must be charged in a balanced way. Your battery is three 3.7v cells wired in series which is where the 11.1v rating comes from. You probably know most of this already but the article in the below link is a great source of information for any questions you may still have. I hope this is helpful.

Sorry its taken so long to come back here apparently my notifications are not set up, thank you for the link Ill give it a read.

You have a 3S lipo pack (3 single cells connected in series). The magic word in charging such a battery is "balancing". If a charging voltage is simply applied to the positive and negative terminals, then the cells may charge at different rates to different final voltages. Even worse, when discharging the battery, one cell may then be exhausted early and the voltage may drop to a damaging level. To prevent this, connections are made to each end of each individual cell, so that the cells are charged equally. That is what the other lines on the charging connector are for. Because I fly various models of different sizes, I have a multipurpose charger with several connectors for 2, 3 or 4S batteries
I kind of already assumed I wouldnt be able to just hook up a pos. and neg. charge to the battery itself, but just to clarify, I could in effect just get a 3S charger and manually attach the appropriate wires to the individual cells. If I can open the pack without damaging that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnlvenable