New wanna be pilot..help!

Semsmit

Reaction score
So i wanted a drone for a long time but didn't want to spend alot of money since i have never flown before. So, I went on CL and found a Holy Stone 100pro. The seller was very honest (I think) when he told me that one of the motors needed to be replaced. For the price, I took the chance and bought it. When I got it home, I am trying to figure out the controls and learn about it's operation. So... here is my question... No matter what I do, I can only het the other three blades to spin for 2 or 3 seconds before it shuts down. I know it won't fly with only three, but shouldn't the other three blades spin? Or, is it some type of safety that is shutting everything down because of the 4th motor? I dont want to spend time and money putting in the other motor if there are other problems.
Thanks for listening. I hope someone knows the answer.

Welcome to the forum 👍
I will move this to the Holy Stone section for you.
Good luck.
dc

I would get a Tello from Ryze -DJI.
It's the perfect drone to learn how to fly and manipulate the controls. You can purchase one for around $100 and they are extremely tough little drones and the parts are relatively cheap to replace. I have even crashed mine in a lake where it was completely submerged for many minutes, got it out, rinsed it off with fresh distilled water and let it dry and by the end of the week it was flying again perfectly fine.

Good evening to all-

To the OP- Brother, I feel you have purchased yourself quite a bit of trouble trying to learn to fly a drone with a busted drone. I fear it may cost you more to repair this drone and put it in flying condition than a new, functional HS drone would.
One of the lower-cost HS drones will teach you a lot about flying, and when you crash it, as you probably will, just like everyone else- it won't be such a loss.
And no, I don't think the drone will do anything with only three functional motors.

good luck- Ed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric