New from Tacoma, Washington

gewiz44

Reaction score
Hello, I am fairly new to drone flying. I have had a few indoor drones that I flew into dining room tables, refrigerators, chairs, lamps, windows, and a few near misses with my wife. She "suggested" I buy a drone that I can fly outdoors, so I bought a used Holy Stone HS720. So now I can take aim at trees, garages, side of our house, and patio furniture. I don't know if this is a 2K or 4K version and don't know how to tell. I think I've got crashing into things down pretty well, so now I will work on avoiding objects. Hopefully, my drone will last longer. I'm sure I will get lots of good advice here. Thanks

Hi.
I am in Beaverton Oregon.. new to this like you.. I have years of experience in RC planes. And even flown a few planes with cameras attached with a video downlink.. cutting edge stuff back in late 80's.. I am doing lots of studying on drone systems.. I have been gathering up support equipment for this adventure.
I have a Mikrokopter OKtoXL hexakopter.. I am looking to equip the drone for photography and search and rescue.. mostly . I am taking my 107 test next couple weeks... have fun !

Welcome to our forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Check out the list and give us your review on what you have .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. 👍👍

Reactions: old man mavic
Thank you, dirkclod & old man mavic for making me feel at home. My first REAL drone is the Holy Stone 720 I bought used for $120 on Craigslist. Before that, I got a Hubsan X4 indoor drone, Protocol Dronium III, I got used for $5, you got to love yard sales. Just a few days ago, a Protocol Kaptur refurbished from eBay for only $25. You can't have enough back-ups, right? I figure I can practice with the cheap drones, parts and replacements are cheaper, before driving the more expensive ones.
Regards,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redelheit