New civilian pilot

DFrantz

Reaction score
I was master pilot certified for the RQ-11B Raven, but didn't fly many missions. As the master pilot, I was mostly in charge of making sure the rest of the pilots had parts and kept operational aircraft. But I did get to fly in Iraq, and telling gals you're a RQ-11B pilot sounds cool so long as they don't know it was a hand launched drone.

Fast forward a decade and a half and I finally got a civilian drone. Picked up a DJI Mini 3. I plan to use it for content creation for youtube and who knows what else.

Right now I have passed the TRUST recreational class (and got my 11 year old daughter to as well!). I know for my use I need to get the commercial certification once I start filming for youtube. And I know I need to be able to site a CBO that I am following. Are there additional considerations I should be following? I'm sure there are 1000+ topics on that, but I do tend to become a bit of a forum junky so the interaction is always enjoyable for me. I'm working on the WINGS program with FAAsafety as well. What are some other freeish recommended training videos or practice tests for the test?

Other interest? I am active in my church and enjoy working on events and technology there, and that is the focus of the YT channel as well. I live on a small crop farm with my wife and daughter and her father lives next to us. I am an amateur extra radio operator (KC3STX). I love old machines, and judge antique autos with the AACA.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I finally got a civilian drone.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.

Hey, I know you… I welcomed you onto MavicPilots Web Site yesterday…

Hope you like and can contribute to both sites…

LoudThunder signing off…

Reactions: DFrantz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnlvenable