Need help with HS720-4K drone setup

Rickoff

Reaction score
I have done all the preliminary stuff such as charging my batteries, registering my drone with FAA, paying the $5 fee, taking the TRUST course and receiving the TRUST certificate. Now I'm trying to set up my drone according to directions in the HS720-4K handbook. I have worked my way up to page 18 in the handbook which is Section 9.0 Operation Guide. I downloaded and installed Ophelia Go om my Android phone, went into my phone's settings and turned off Bletooth, Mobile Data, and VPN as instructed. I then turned on the drone and waited about 10 seconds while the drone lights flashed. I then went into my phone's WiFi settings to search for the Drone's wifi network, and waited and waited but "HolyStoneFPV" network was not found. Eventually the drone shut itself off, so I tried shutting off my phone's wifi, restarting the drone, and then turning the phone WiFi setting to on again. It searched, and found the usual networks (my Internet connection, and those of my nearby neighbors) but the "HolyStoneFPV" never appeared.

According to the handbook, the HS720 should work with Android 5.0 operating system or later. My LG L322DL phone uses Android 10 O.S., so I can't imagine what the problem would be. I thought maybe the drone just isn't transmitting its WiFi signal, so to check that I looked under WiFi settings on my computer after turning the drone on and the "HolyStoneFPV" network did show up on that! Can anyone think of a logical reason why it shows on my computer, but not on my cell phone? If so, please advise, as this makes no sense to me. Like I said earlier, all of the usual WiFi networks (mine and my nearby neighbors) do appear in the cell phone's WiFi search, so why won't the "HolyStoneFPV" appear? Many thanks if you know the answer.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
I have done all the preliminary stuff such as charging my batteries, registering my drone with FAA, paying the $5 fee, taking the TRUST course and receiving the TRUST certificate. Now I'm trying to set up my drone according to directions in the HS720-4K handbook. I have worked my way up to page 18 in the handbook which is Section 9.0 Operation Guide. I downloaded and installed Ophelia Go om my Android phone, went into my phone's settings and turned off Bletooth, Mobile Data, and VPN as instructed. I then turned on the drone and waited about 10 seconds while the drone lights flashed. I then went into my phone's WiFi settings to search for the Drone's wifi network, and waited and waited but "HolyStoneFPV" network was not found. Eventually the drone shut itself off, so I tried shutting off my phone's wifi, restarting the drone, and then turning the phone WiFi setting to on again. It searched, and found the usual networks (my Internet connection, and those of my nearby neighbors) but the "HolyStoneFPV" never appeared.

According to the handbook, the HS720 should work with Android 5.0 operating system or later. My LG L322DL phone uses Android 10 O.S., so I can't imagine what the problem would be. I thought maybe the drone just isn't transmitting its WiFi signal, so to check that I looked under WiFi settings on my computer after turning the drone on and the "HolyStoneFPV" network did show up on that! Can anyone think of a logical reason why it shows on my computer, but not on my cell phone? If so, please advise, as this makes no sense to me. Like I said earlier, all of the usual WiFi networks (mine and my nearby neighbors) do appear in the cell phone's WiFi search, so why won't the "HolyStoneFPV" appear? Many thanks if you know the answer.
It's simple. Different ranges. Your LG L322DL phone only works on the 2.4 GHz WiFi band, and your HS720-4K quadcopter only works on the 5 GHz WiFi band.

Reactions: LoudThunder

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snooked