Mini SE FPV

droney007

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck using FPV goggles with the Mini SE? I see there's an "FPV" setting in the app, though not sure it's true "FPV" as the screen doesn't split when engaged.

Anyone have any luck using FPV goggles with the Mini SE? I see there's an "FPV" setting in the app, though not sure it's true "FPV" as the screen doesn't split when engaged.
I have a bunch of Minis (not the -3 yet), and I set them all to that FPV setting.

It doesn't change the flying characteristics of the drone at all, but it changes the way the camera moves, so you can see the motion of the drone on the camera, rather than having the camera stabilized.

It's not "real" FPV, like the DJI FPV is, but it's still pretty cool.

I have a bunch of Minis (not the -3 yet), and I set them all to that FPV setting.

It doesn't change the flying characteristics of the drone at all, but it changes the way the camera moves, so you can see the motion of the drone on the camera, rather than having the camera stabilized.

It's not "real" FPV, like the DJI FPV is, but it's still pretty cool.
Yea....that's what I was afraid of. No worries though. I picked up a pair of these from Banggood for around $30.00, that I think will work.....

Yea....that's what I was afraid of. No worries though. I picked up a pair of these from Banggood for around $30.00, that I think will work.....
I'll be interested to hear how they work!

I just love my DJI FPV goggles. One of my biggest issues with the Minis is blocking out the glare when flying in direct sunlight. The FPV goggles do a great job of this. I found a decent sunshade for the Mini-2 controllers, but a glare-isolating set of goggles could be a big improvement. Because of the weird placement of the screen below the controls on the Mini-1 and Mini-SE, I haven't been able to find a decent sunshade for those controllers. There's just no way to make it work, with the screen below the RC, rather than above the RC, as it is with the Mini-2 RC.

The goggles that you linked to look like they would let in a lot of light, which would defeat the purpose for me.

Good luck!

Therein lays the problem with the Hubsan Zino Mini SE.....While there is an "FPV" setting, it's not "True" FPV. Meaning the screen does not split. The app does not have stereoscopic vision capabilities since there are so many features that need to be activated from the app itself. Honestly, I'm not sure Hubsan intended the Mini SE or any of their quads to be used in FPV, with goggles. If the goggles do not require stereoscopic vision, then the pilot could definitely pop a phone in and use it in goggles. Now days it's hard to find a pair of Box Style goggles that don't have lenses configured in a stereoscopic setting (lenes separated in two.) The goggles I selected will allow me to view the phone screen (drone telemetry) as 1 screen vs the stereoscopic configuration required for true FPV. While not ideal, I think it will get the job done. We'll see how it goes when they get here :).

I didn't know there was a Hubsan Zino Mini SE. I have the DJI Mini-SE.

Confusing terminology.

What are the difference between the two?

Thx

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordyy