Looking to buy my 1st Drone.

Vulture

Reaction score
I am looking at several models and have not decided yet. My current camera setup is a Panasonic G95 and one standard lens and one telephoto lens, I also have a point and shoot Panasonic DC-ZS80. I found your forum via DPReview and greyarro.

I am looking at several models and have not decided yet.
You mention your camera so I believe the photographic capability of the drone is of your primary concern and then the cost is right up there with that consideration…

There are many drones that shoot great photographs. Since you are new to drones, actually flying a drone should be a concern. Ansel Adams knew how to compost a photograph and his photographs are some of the most iconic photos ever, but he spent days waiting for the perfect combination of sun, shade, cloud, etc… A drone will not give you that luxury…

Composing a photograph while flying a drone adds a whole new aspect for you to consider… Having the freedom to move your camera high, low, right, and left allows your so much more freedom to compose the photo… Something you need to consider since your shoot time is restricted by the time left in your battery.

I advise you to really spend some quality time roaming YouTube… Like Google, you can search specific subjects…

I personally fly a DJI Mini 2, but it's camera is limited to a 12 megapixel photo, and the video allows up to 30 FPS in 4K. The range of DJI drones is nearly unmatched and the strength of the signal enables flying in locations (cities, etc…) that lesser drones would fail in…

But like I wrote, YouTube would be a great source for information from so many different sources…

Good Luck…

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields and Kalimah
You mention your camera so I believe the photographic capability of the drone is of your primary concern and then the cost is right up there with that consideration…

There are many drones that shoot great photographs. Since you are new to drones, actually flying a drone should be a concern. Ansel Adams knew how to compost a photograph and his photographs are some of the most iconic photos ever, but he spent days waiting for the perfect combination of sun, shade, cloud, etc… A drone will not give you that luxury…

Composing a photograph while flying a drone adds a whole new aspect for you to consider… Having the freedom to move your camera high, low, right, and left allows your so much more freedom to compose the photo… Something you need to consider since your shoot time is restricted by the time left in your battery.

I advise you to really spend some quality time roaming YouTube… Like Google, you can search specific subjects…

I personally fly a DJI Mini 2, but it's camera is limited to a 12 megapixel photo, and the video allows up to 30 FPS in 4K. The range of DJI drones is nearly unmatched and the strength of the signal enables flying in locations (cities, etc…) that lesser drones would fail in…

But like I wrote, YouTube would be a great source for information from so many different sources…

Good Luck…
I’m a photographer and that’s great advice!

Reactions: LoudThunder
I am looking at several models and have not decided yet. My current camera setup is a Panasonic G95 and one standard lens and one telephoto lens, I also have a point and shoot Panasonic DC-ZS80. I found your forum via DPReview and greyarro.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: LoudThunder

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madu Barbosa