hs720e losing connection

Key_Stat

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Holy Stone H720E which my sister bought for me a few months ago (I'm new to drone flying). It worked great up until the last couple of times I flew it, and now it's no longer responding well.

Today for example, it was calibrated and had 17 satellites, so I don't think that's the problem. It was also in fast mode (or whatever it's called, can't remember) which seemed to improve responsiveness. But the last couple of times I've flown it, it began acting erratically - driftting slowly which I'd have to correct, or suddenly flying off seemingly out of control. In the end, I couldn't control it all all and it (gently) landed on a sloping hill (luckily, as it was only a foot or so off the ground when I lost contact).

It was only about 50ft from me, and the app was telling me there was no connection. All batteries had full power. Is this something that this model suffers with?

Many thanks for any advice

Hello,

I have a Holy Stone H720E which my sister bought for me a few months ago (I'm new to drone flying). It worked great up until the last couple of times I flew it, and now it's no longer responding well.

Today for example, it was calibrated and had 17 satellites, so I don't think that's the problem. It was also in fast mode (or whatever it's called, can't remember) which seemed to improve responsiveness. But the last couple of times I've flown it, it began acting erratically - driftting slowly which I'd have to correct, or suddenly flying off seemingly out of control. In the end, I couldn't control it all all and it (gently) landed on a sloping hill (luckily, as it was only a foot or so off the ground when I lost contact).

It was only about 50ft from me, and the app was telling me there was no connection. All batteries had full power. Is this something that this model suffers with?

Many thanks for any advice
There are two connections between pilot and drone. One is the radio control element, whereby the movement of joystick is translated into change of drone attitude. The app would not tell you anything about that. The second is the information coming back from the drone (on a separate frequency channel), which joins the wi-fi node established when you start. It sounds as if you lost that side for some reason, so check that your phone has not wandered to another wi-fi source (another pilot in the neighbourhood?)

The "slow drifting" is probably an error in trimming. You have not specified the distance at which the "flying off" occurred, but do remember to keep the transmitter aerials/antennae pointed at the drone.

There are two connections between pilot and drone. One is the radio control element, whereby the movement of joystick is translated into change of drone attitude. The app would not tell you anything about that. The second is the information coming back from the drone (on a separate frequency channel), which joins the wi-fi node established when you start. It sounds as if you lost that side for some reason, so check that your phone has not wandered to another wi-fi source (another pilot in the neighbourhood?)

The "slow drifting" is probably an error in trimming. You have not specified the distance at which the "flying off" occurred, but do remember to keep the transmitter aerials/antennae pointed at the drone.
Thank you very much for the advice. The first time it happened, the drone was only about five feet away from me and kind of circled me going backwards totally out of control. It then came back in control and I brought it back to me and landed it.

I didn't know about the two types of connection, or that I should be pointing the controller at the drone. Thank you again, I'll give it another try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbaugh66