Holystone HS710 uncontrollable.

Mikeylad

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone had this problem with HS710 drone. It has happened with two of these drones, one after the other. On take off at a hight of about 20m, all control was lost, even the kill button. The first time it happened I managed to crash land and damaged the drone, thanks to Amazon, they refunded me, but I then bought the same drone again thinking it must have been faulty. I took this drone out into the countryside, set up everything as instructed, had 14 satellites. I then launched it and hovered about at about 3m. As everything looked OK I took it up to 20m. Then I lost all control as before. The speed was frightening as it circled me getting a bigger radius. It then headed for a nearby wood and crashed. I spent about 2 hrs looking for it but could not find it. The last picture on the screen was looking above the trees at countryside. As I said it cost £179, first flight, gone. It does seem that Holystone has got a problem with this drone. Looking forward to any comments. Mike

Reactions: Ronik
Hi. Has anyone had this problem with HS710 drone. It has happened with two of these drones, one after the other. On take off at a hight of about 20m, all control was lost, even the kill button. The first time it happened I managed to crash land and damaged the drone, thanks to Amazon, they refunded me, but I then bought the same drone again thinking it must have been faulty. I took this drone out into the countryside, set up everything as instructed, had 14 satellites. I then launched it and hovered about at about 3m. As everything looked OK I took it up to 20m. Then I lost all control as before. The speed was frightening as it circled me getting a bigger radius. It then headed for a nearby wood and crashed. I spent about 2 hrs looking for it but could not find it. The last picture on the screen was looking above the trees at countryside. As I said it cost £179, first flight, gone. It does seem that Holystone has got a problem with this drone. Looking forward to any comments. Mike
same exact thing.... 3 months then the punk goes insane, im a savy hardware tech, i went thru it well, 4 times! always the same, it looks like its been in Ukraine now...

Same issue here. It worked for about 10 flights and the went crazy. I will return it.

I have the HS710 and have flown it a lot and never had a problem losing control.

I always make sure to turn on “airplane mode“ on the phone... Did you turn that on?

I had the exact scenario described above happen the second time I launched mine. Damaged one of the propeller arms when it crashed. I replaced it myself (HS supplied under warranty) but it was quite a job soldering and unsoldering all the wires. I do think that having the phone in "airplane mode" might prevent this, otherwise the drone looks for your home wifi and connects to it instead (assuming you are near your home).

Reactions: Diesel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madu Barbosa