Holy Stone HS720 4K connection problems

DKAN

Reaction score
I had to purchase a 5G phone just to use for the drone only to have problems connecting with an android phone. I have tried all kinds of things per holy stone customer support and suggestions from other people having the same issues . I have learned holy stone has known there is an issue with their ophelia go app and android phones , its hit or miss and i'm on the miss end . but the Iphones work great !! Any ideas to work around this ???

Reactions: Bob Johnson
I had to purchase a 5G phone just to use for the drone only to have problems connecting with an android phone. I have tried all kinds of things per holy stone customer support and suggestions from other people having the same issues . I have learned holy stone has known there is an issue with their ophelia go app and android phones , its hit or miss and i'm on the miss end . but the Iphones work great !! Any ideas to work around this ???
Hi,
A 5G phone does not guarantee 5 Ghz WiFi. WiFi can transmit on two frequencies; 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz. Not all 5G (fifth generation of the network) have 5 Ghz WiFi capability. Check the specs of the phone before buying for use with a drone needing 5 Ghz. Hope this helps.

I sent Holy Stone the specs for my phone and one told me the phone was not compatible and two other reps told me it was , and I kept getting passed from one service rep to another and no one wanted to admit there are issues with the Ophelia Go app and android phones !! and after about 3 weeks of getting asked and answering the same questions from different service people the thing seems to be working fine ! I can connect to the drone and the live feed and everything in the app seems to work as it should !!!! go figure !!! Did they repair an issue with the app ????

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRONEric